Port Kembla Harbour - Blackfish

mpreston55

I finally found a little patch of green weed (and I mean little). Got just enough for bait to last a couple of hours. Not even enough for burley. Haven't been for ages so I decided the Father in Law and I would have to have a go at the Luderick in a nearby place. So we decided to head for Port Kembla Harbour. Didn't even get the boat out - just went off the rocks. Between us we caught 4 luderick between 31cm and 37cm. Fished for 1 and a half hours and went home happy for a feed of fresh blackfish fillets tonight.

Now all I need is some more weed. :thumbup:

Howard

Well done, Howard!!! Welcome to the Blackie fanatic brigade of Fishraider!! :1welcomeani:

For weed, keep your eyes open in any creek that empties to the beaches or harbour - also any still water or lake (even roadside drains!) If all else fails, some bait shops sell a good handful for a few bucks & it would last a couple of outings - still cheaper than frozen bait!

Roberta

G,day mpreston55.

Mate I was down at the lake today 15/10/07, just across the road from Outdoors first on King Street, where I work doing a demo on a Kyak and there seems to be plenty of weed growing on and around the ramps to the left of the long jetty, it may be worth a look there.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks Mallacoota Pete and Roberta for your warm welcome. I have been reading your great comments for some time now. Lewis thanks for your tip I will check it out tomorrow and maybe the father in Law and I will get another shot at the blackfish. :1fishing1:

May I congratulate all of the contributers to this site - I have learned a lot from your input.

Howard