Daiwa Monster Mesh

sleepa

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a rod to match my Stradic 8000 for jigging. The reel is loaded with 50lb braid.

I had a look at the Daiwa Monster Mesh on the weekend and was very impressed.

Is anyone using one if so what do you think of it?

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a rod to match my Stradic 8000 for jigging. The reel is loaded with 50lb braid.

I had a look at the Daiwa Monster Mesh on the weekend and was very impressed.

Is anyone using one if so what do you think of it?

Bought one the other day for someone to use up north next month. Can't beat the value of them and the weight is fantastic.

Haven't used it yet but I can't see how you could go wrong with it.

I bought it mainly as a popper rod as the length seems to be a little longer than the Saltiga true jig rods.

Greg

Havent looked at the jig rods but I have the popper rod and they look and feel great. Havent tried it on the water yet.

How hard are you planning on fishing the stradic , cause I dont think its really built to handle 50lb and heavy jigging for long. Its more of a light sport fishing reel to me.

Havent looked at the jig rods but I have the popper rod and they look and feel great. Havent tried it on the water yet.

How hard are you planning on fishing the stradic , cause I dont think its really built to handle 50lb and heavy jigging for long. Its more of a light sport fishing reel to me.

Hi Caranx,

Setup will be used for reefs off Sydney using 150g- 300g Jigs.

I understand the Stradic is not the strongest reel but cant justify spending big bucks on a reel at the moment.

I think it will hold up ok

Not my experience but im sure i remember netic saying in another post that he has seen a stradic fall to bits after only 6 hours of jigging and with no fish being caught..... Maybe pm netic and he can confirm or deny this visious rumour i have just started..... Would be a shame to have your new reel fail!!!!

Good luck

As much as I like my strady 8000 I wouldnt be using it as a long term jig reel with 50lb. I know some cost an arm and a leg, but I would rather spend on something like a penn or shimano spheros for jigging ,and use the stradic on a spare rod for other lures. Those other reels can be picked up from $140 to $240 if you shop around.

Not my experience but im sure i remember netic saying in another post that he has seen a stradic fall to bits after only 6 hours of jigging and with no fish being caught..... Maybe pm netic and he can confirm or deny this visious rumour i have just started..... Would be a shame to have your new reel fail!!!!

Good luck

Yes Fishlexic netic did say it

Post is here

Yeah guys a Stradic 8000 wouldnt stand up too long when jigging....

Jigging puts amazing strain on your tackle and thats why you need strong gear...although a Stradic is a great reel it isnt design for heavy usage and you may risk doing damage to it