Sydney Harbour 17.10.07

dazzassj6

got to harbour at 11 and fished with pillies on gangs, cubes and fillet at first. burleyed a bit, got a trevally school coming. Me and Drkcld had a double hook up. I hooked one on handline while i was targeting for yakkas, but dropped it when lifting it up and Drkcld had his fighting and landed his first trev.

post-1958-1192617291_thumb.jpg

after that we moved over to the other side of the wharf. changed to paternoster rig instead of bottom rig. And straight away we had more bites and fish.

The first hook up bent the rod tip all the way down it almost flew into the water. Drkcld was on the other side so i decided to fight the fish for him :biggrin2: [pic soon]

My first hookup VIDEO

The second hook up bent the rod next to me while i was baiting up another rod. Again it was drkcld's rod so i fought this bigger model trevally. LANDING MORE TREVS VIDEO

post-1958-1192698482_thumb.jpg

Then i started handline trying to catch some yakkas below the wharf BUT! i left it because i thought there was no fish. So i walked over to bait up another rod. My gf was sitting the closest to the UNATTENDED hand reel and then it flew into the wateR!!!! It was some big trev that loved to eat mince beef! LOL!!! Yeh then i saw my the hand reel slowly sink under water with a fish attached! :05:

My girlfriend was playing with the rod tip trying to trick me that i have a bite then all of a sudden the rod tip buckled and i thought she was doing it again but it wasn't her this time! It was something bigger so i let her fight and land her very first fish. It happened to be a 27cm snapper. Very nice first

LANDING SNAPPER VIDEO

After that disappointment i finally caught one yakka. Gave it to Drkcld for his 'last cast' and bottom rigged the live bait. Within 10 minutes or so The 2-4kg shimano rod buckled down sooo much i thought it was gonna fly in! This was my first time seeing such a big king fighting on 2-4kg rod! 10lb fireline 20lb mono trace.

After like 1 minute of a one sided fight, the leader broke! The kingfish just kept pulling line out nearly got spooled. It should be around 70cm or so. LOST KINGIE VIDEO (warning:course language)

landed:

3 x trevally

1 x snapper (released)

Lost:

1 x Kingfish

2 x trevally

img1621rspp1.th.jpg

img1628rscq4.th.jpg

Edited by dazzassj6

^well done mate. Sounds like a great day was had. The trevs are in the harbour in droves. And when the trevs are there, we know the kingies arent too far behind :D.

Better luck with the kingie next time :thumbup:

Edited by Aloosh

yeh umm :1badmood: that was my hand reel you lost there grrr

and we also lost 2 bells today

and MY KINGY ='(!!!

quite disappoint that we lost the kingy

never would have thought there was a kingie strong enough at the habour to break my 20lb line =(

dazza recorded only the last second of me losing the kingy since he was too excited at me fighting it

hope we can catch some next time! *will be uploading a few trevalley photos soon*

Great report.. I see you lost you hand reel. At least it is only $5.50 worth... :biggrin2: If you really want to learn how to lose gear, you should come out wth me!!! :thumbup:

Yeah ceph will show you how its done!!!!

Congrats on a fun little session guys!

And Skunga if you wana find some of these king that are everywhere can you please send them my way ive been a little quiet.... seems they must all be in the harbour main and havent really mooved into mh yet!!!!

And Skunga if you wana find some of these king that are everywhere can you please send them my way ive been a little quiet.... seems they must all be in the harbour main and havent really mooved into mh yet!!!!

If you are looking for kings at this time of year.. forget about the usual summer haunts - they are WELL upstream. You are looking for strong current, forming eddy's from structure(or bottom contour) that they can hold in. I like the lower end of the tide and lately we have been getting them with much more consistency in the arvo's than the mornings.

Just get out there! :1prop:

If you are looking for kings at this time of year.. forget about the usual summer haunts - they are WELL upstream. You are looking for strong current, forming eddy's from structure(or bottom contour) that they can hold in. I like the lower end of the tide and lately we have been getting them with much more consistency in the arvo's than the mornings.

Just get out there! :1prop:

Cheers mate... and to be honest i havent been out there as much as i usually do, i also very rarely get out there for the late arvo due to work.... im either stuck in traffic on the way home or just starting work! Bring on daylight saving i reackon!!!!! :thumbup:

Cheers mate... and to be honest i havent been out there as much as i usually do, i also very rarely get out there for the late arvo due to work.... im either stuck in traffic on the way home or just starting work! Bring on daylight saving i reackon!!!!! :thumbup:

Daylight savings indeed!! We should catch up for a kingy session!

Daylight savings indeed!! We should catch up for a kingy session!

Sounds like a plan!!!!! i have to get a few more kings on soft plastics this year and when daylight savings kicks in im definitly going to start giving it a crack after work when im on day shifts.... I got a nice new little daiwa regal loaded up with 10lb crystal braid and a nice(but cheap in case it snaps under the pull of a king) graphite rod that will be left in the car along with a selection of plastics and slugs specifically for the late arvo session!!!!