Honey Soy Ginger Fish & Stirfry - All On The Bbq Hotplate!

Webby

This is a great little recipe that was given to me recently. It’s designed for fish you don’t particularly like – I tried it on a couple of wrasse I caught the other day and it turned out terrific! I reckon it would work well too on the dreaded Aussie salmon.or even Mahi Mahi (hey Dani!o!!!). It’s relatively easy too.

Anyway here it is

In a saucepan, put in a tablespoon or two of grated ginger, 1 tsp of sesame oil, 1/3 cup honey and about 1/4 cup of soy and a little water. Heat until boiling, then put in a dish to cool.

Once cooled, put fillets in and coat with marinade thoroughly. Leave in the fridge for around twenty minutes to two hours.

Fire up the barbie and cook marinated fillets quickly, spooning over extra marinade as they cook.

The marinade make a top-notch coating and completely disguises the falvour of the fish!!

AND ON THE SIDE…

Also last night going with the asian theme I got a couple of those stir fry packs (they were on quick sale for a dollar!) threw in some oyster sauce and stir fried it on the hot plate as well. I piled up the veges and put a little water on it as it cooked and put a stainless steel bowl upside down to let them steam a bit (I got this idea from the Sumo food shop in the food court in Parramatta) & it stopped them burning. Served with rice & the fish & a :beersmile: it was a great feed!!

Edited by Webby

Heres a tip for BBQing. Keep and clean old plastic tomato sauce squeeze bottles.

Then when you want to use a marinade put in the bottle and you simply have to lean over the BBQ and give a quick squeeze. Neat and easy and no burn from the steam that rises off the plate.

Dave

Thanks for the ideas..... but ive got to say disguising the taste of mahi mahi is against my religion!!!! I reackon its one of the best eating fish in the see!!!!!!!! :wacko:

I agree that it's a beautiful fish to eat - was just a friendly nod to Dani!o's surf fishing sessions for (supposedly) mahi mahi!

And Dave - great idea with the sauce bottle, I will give it a go...though there's something deeply satisfying about defying the sizzling heat of the plate to spoon the marinade on!!

Edited by Webby

I agree that it's a beautiful fish to eat - was just a friendly nod to Dani!o's surf fishing sessions for (supposedly) mahi mahi!!

dahhhh I is slow and that..... :1prop:

Edited by fishlexic