Beach Worming In Sydney?

Davy

Hi all,

i was just wondering if any of the beaches around sydney hold these slippery little suckers? and if there are what should i be looking for when trying to find them, just the "wormholes" :tease: ?

any help is appreciated

Cheers

Hi Davy

WHere do you live? Most of the northern beaches would carry worms - espcially Collaroy & north of there. You want a gently sloping beach, not a steep run-off beach. They hang out in the 'wash area' where the waves wash up the beach & recede. A fish frame on a bit of string will bring them out - they pop their heads out momentarily & then disappear again! You have to be concentrating to spot the 'v' their head makes in the sand.

It is a bit of a 'dark art' and usually takes a few goes before you get your first one. It takes patience, practise & lots of observation. They don't really leave 'holes' as such in the sand.

There are numerous posts already on the forum about worming - Do a search in FIshing Chat. The best thing would be to make contact with a fellow Fishraider in your area & see if they will take you out with them next time & show you how! I have not heard of anyone catching a worm from just reading about it!

Good luck

Cheerio

Roberta

PS PM sent also