Almost Spooled.....

bmar560

went down to our usual landbased spot this morning with the girlfriend for a pre-work session.

started by jigging a few frogmouth pillies for bait.

The day started quite slow, my girlfriend got pulled around by a decent trevally and I think I got done by a trevally too. all went towards the pylons :ranting2:

At about 6.45am something tapped on her bait and the thing took off !!! and kept on taking off peeling the 4lb fireline right down to the backing, her drag was already tight and I've upgraded the drag on the stradic to carbontex. Unbelievable !! whatever it was, it was something decent.

I managed to land a small trevally model about 30cm+ and she lost a few trevallies later on, she definitely get more hookups than me :wacko: I'll have to upgrade her rod and reel I think hehe

looks like I have to come back with a Tiagra next time around :beersmile:

here's a footage of the fish taking off, watch the line turning from pink fireline to mono.

Edited by bmar560

Witnessed the 'spooling' ,fished with Kings Rule Rob, he kindly caught the bait while i got the glory !Anyway i brought justice to the 'Spoolee's and here's proof ! :1fishing1:

post-5640-1193100213_thumb.jpg

post-5640-1193100259_thumb.jpg

:1prop:Postsript both were released to spool a 'girlie' outfit another day ! :wife: also got a 35cm trev,& a 30cm hood length calamari ! seafood smorgasbord 2 nite ! gotta lovit !

mario, bad luck bro!!

ur really temptin me to go to cg every morning b4 work, but u know my situation regardin my site office :ranting2: ..bad luck about the kingie man, ur missus has caught on like mine man, theyre better than us lol.

Hopefully the next wake up call at 6:45am itll be a kingie thats landed :074:

i'll see u there on friday if ur goin bro

ali

Lol.... U guys like 'spooling'? I can give lessons if u want.....'cause i've had a few....! Hooked 3 Kings landed 2 58&61cms but i Didn't use 4lb,it's kinder if you are intending 2 C&R to use a heavier line.The fish will be healthier & fitter if the fight is short & sweet

She was enjoying every moment of it Iceman :thumbup:

she got sore arms and her heart pumping from all the adrenaline rush

Ali, I'll be there Friday weather permitting..

the Branzino is still locked away in my cupboard Matty... I'm not letting her catch a fish on it before I do :biggrin2:

Squido, I got 12lbs on the rod I was using.. I might have to upgrade her whole outfit or do a swappy with me since she's getting all the hookups :biggrin2:

Mario, ive been at work, and the only thought goin thru my head is the sound of the reel screamin, you know the effect a screamin reel has on me more than most :074: .

yeah weather permitting, friday morning it is :thumbup:. speakin of which, i gotta put new line on my spooled reel :mellow:

Edited by Aloosh

Mario did not see any little green hooks but im sure that your girl had hooked a king or monster trevor .i saw the tail beats on the rod tip ,although unusual 4 a King it ran pretty straight