Marine Radio Course

A big thanks to all who attended the course on time today at the Kingsgrove RSL.

Everything went along smoothly and by this time next week, all participants should be proficient in the MROCP course.

Bob Foster and Harry Parsons were eager beavers and started well before everyone else and were very professional in the way they conducted the course and themselves.

Fishraider would like to thank them for their time and the great rate which all members received :thumbup:

Here are a few shots of the morning session.

post-256-1193474147_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474155_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474139_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474173_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474164_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474182_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474190_thumb.jpg

post-256-1193474199_thumb.jpg

Cheers Administration

I would like to thank the Admin team for organizing the radio coarse and to Bob and Harry for running a very informative day.

I know that I learned a lot of new information today and hopefully it will still be there for the test next week.

A well done to everyone involved

Cheers

Rodger

Over and Out

BALMAIN BOB.

Im now off to wire up my new VHF radio to my parralled inseries batteries :1prop:

Yes, well done to the organisers and the hosts.

Certainly learnt a heap of new stuffs today. :biggrin2:

It was a veeeeery loooooong day, trust me :1wallbash: .

Have fun with the batteries BalmainBob, I'm off to sort out my .5 scalene triangles.

Roger......Over and out............. :074::1prop:

PS, after such a loooong day I would deadset want to pass this course. :mad3:

Edited by Hooky.

:thumbup: It was a great day and it was nice to catch up with everyone.

Thanks Stewy and Donna for making it possible, Bob and Harry for making it a great success and Russ (Damarisboyz) for picking me up from Campbelltown and to Russ and Luke (Wildfish) for being such fine company on the trip.

It was a very informative and an unforgettable experience.

Regards to all who attended this very valuable course :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yes I would like to say a big thank you to Donna and Stuart for organising the coarse and Bob and Harry for running it. Pitty Donna and Stuart could not join us. Had a fun day and it was good to put a face to a name. Got to go and study, is that OVER AND OUT or OUT AND OVER.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers Bentstik

I will jump on the band wagon here and say thanks again Donna and Stuey. It was great to meet some newer members today, the day while intense, certainly had some interesting moments and I am sure both Bob and Harry will remember us for sometime to come. The day went from 8.30 till around 5.15 and both Bob and Harry's fee was given to charity.

Look forward to the exam next week happy studying everyone.

I would like to thank Bob and Harry for the time and effort they put into yesterdays tutorial, Im sure at times we must have tried their patience with our questions , but they still managed to cover all the aspects of the course!

Thanks also to all of the members who made the effort to join us , we all have some pretty serious study to do this week !!

OVER AND OUT!

Ross

Yep,

how good was that! I was so suprised at how little I knew in the marine radio dept! I hope, I never need the knowledge, but It makes me feel a whole heap better to know how to effectively call for help, if in trouble.

We have a big week of study boys!

I am actually going over to Jewies place to do some study.We will start by watching the Flying High videos. This will look after radio protocol. Then off to Dick Smith to get a book on" how to download a VHF, DSC compattible, SSB, 27meg , MP3 attached, radio"- hopefully with up-links to dikesinhotboats.com

Then we shall google up isoftalees triangles in order to become frequent with the locations of those repeating bases that one must know for the exam! Perhaps some time in the kitchen cutting up oranges in order to figure out how much half looks like, so that we can picture half an orange when looking for VHF backchannels that end in point 5.

When I come over Jewie, dont find me a chair as I found out yesterday that the safest place for me was on the floor-actually under the table. It was there that I could let my feminine side show itself and have a wee little cry in peace! Sitting next to Ross was at times, very overwhelming, as he started to cry too! Thats when Bob, our teacher, let us leave for 5 minutes to go out and have a quick ciggie break.I think he is an x smoker, cause I'm sure he wanted to come along too!

and lastly................. remember what I said,

when you are fighting with your wife, life as you know it is OVER, but that wont stop her talking back at you. When she kicks you OUT, then the conversation with you is finished!

See you all there next week, your back seat, suck up to the teacher brown noser

Stumpy. :biggrin2:

P.S. For those that were not there, do not try to understand this post, as you couldn't.!

Best marine radio course you would ever hope to attend !!

Hey Stumpy regarding my question " if you can't say over and out any more under the new rules and have to keep on saying over to each other, how do you check out off the radio conversation so you can save the boat from sinking" before they locate you by bouncing a message off eleven revolving satellites in up to another three hours time, remember you have to call back in another hour to verify it's not a hoax and look under the radio for some number with about nine digits and a z for zulo wasn't it ? or was that only if you're sinking outside the ports and remember you have to swim to the closest shore in Sydney Harbour becayuse they apparently don't service that area any more or get a water taxi to Roseville to avoid the fifty bucks like that drunken bloke we were told about.

After I gave the example of Captain Over from Flying High you all looked around like Captain Over, thinking out loud " I'm Over, over ..... etc " I'm the one who's over, over "

No one is allowed to say over and out anymore and the answer was goodbye and out, but which of our books mentions the goodbye part of the goodbye and out?

My next question would have been "who says good bye and out first and what happens to the goodbye if the operator chokes on a peanut and your still trying to get the water out of the boat with a couple of empty beer bottles for example, if you say the last goodbye and not goodbye and out but wait a minute I mean it would pay me to say over again and hope he doesn'y say goodbye with or without the peanut.

STRUTH

Best marine radio course you would ever hope to attend !!

STRUTH

Just remember the senario with your wife Jewie! If she says OVER, you still can return the call and try to suck up!

If she says OUT, dont return the call................just leave home!

If you lived with my Wife, there would also be Bang!.......... Now that wasnt a sexual connotation, that was her loading a gun and firing!.........somewhere between Over and Out!

You'll get it!

Stumpster!

I would like to echo the thoughts of those above. I would like to commend both Bob and Harry with the manner in which the course has been structured and presented and with their collective life and operational experiences with the Coast Guard and some comedic relief (no names mentioned) has made this a memorable occasion.

Pete

I too would like to commend Stewy, Donna, Bob and Harry for organising a great day.

Thankyou.

Ps - if you're downloading a sample of the questions from the AMC website, take care when referring to questions as some of the paragraph numbers don't relate to the questions.

Cheers

Deek