Combo For Luring Kings

stricko4

Hi guys,

This summer I'm looking to do some throwing of lures & stick baits at kings but I need a combo for it. I am set for bait fishing. I was thinking a new Stradic 4000 on a Nitro Distance Spin. Would that be a nicely balanced outfit or would the 4000 be too big for this? And for convenience a 2 piece rod would be preferable.

Any thoughts??

Paul

Exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for Scotty...... what weight class is the Distance Spin as compared to the Mag Butt?

the distance spin is 2-4 kg and the mag butt is 4-6kg the 4000 reel is perfect on the magbutt

the distance spin is more suited to 2500 size reel. I have both rods and they would have to be one of the best off the rack rods.

Thanks for tha advice guys. This weekend I was the lucky recipient of an ealy Xmas pressie from :wife: a spanking new Nitro Viper. All I need to do now is work out what reel I'm going to match it to. I looked at the 2007/8 Shimano range on the weekend & was not overly impressed. Some alternative suggestions would be nice if anyone has any ideas.

Paul

Thanks for tha advice guys. This weekend I was the lucky recipient of an ealy Xmas pressie from :wife: a spanking new Nitro Viper. All I need to do now is work out what reel I'm going to match it to. I looked at the 2007/8 Shimano range on the weekend & was not overly impressed. Some alternative suggestions would be nice if anyone has any ideas.

Paul

Hi.

Any Daiwa reel would be an improvement.Without spending too much. Check out the Capricorn4500J.

Or the Freams4000/4500J/Kix.

Macka17

Hi.

Any Daiwa reel would be an improvement.Without spending too much. Check out the Capricorn4500J.

Or the Freams4000/4500J/Kix.

Macka17

Macka,

I notice in another post you mention you have one of the new v series Okuma's. Having used it who do you think one would handle this application?

Paul

I have my Viper matched with a Branzino spooled with 20 lb, but the rod is probably a little heavy for the reel.

I would agree with Red that the Certate 3500 (either normal, Custom or Hyper Custom) would be just about right. However, if you're thinking of spending Stradic type money, I would have to say Daiwa Tierra or TDA 4000.

What did you not like about the new Stradics and Sustains??

I have my Viper matched with a Branzino spooled with 20 lb, but the rod is probably a little heavy for the reel.

I would agree with Red that the Certate 3500 (either normal, Custom or Hyper Custom) would be just about right. However, if you're thinking of spending Stradic type money, I would have to say Daiwa Tierra or TDA 4000.

What did you not like about the new Stradics and Sustains??

Dave,

To me the new Shimano's felt a bit rough compared to the old models. Maybe it's just me but they just didn't appeal. I'm a born cynic but when I get told that the retailers are buying in the new models considerably cheaper than the old ones & they don't think it's the exchange rate that has caused this I begin to wonder as well. On the weekend I had a look at the Diawa reels & for similar money they feel much smoother & seem to be a better reel for the $'s. Again maybe I'm talking out my #%#. It's not that i have had any problems with the Shimano reels I have so it might be just a perception I got in the shops. And in saying this I'm going to also look at the Okuma V series because for the price they seem very good value.

Paul