Air Ray?

PJ Garn

Hi Raiders

I think it's a Manta Ray but never knew they could do this!!! :o:o The photo looks fair dinkum... but what do you guys think??? :unsure::unsure:

post-4461-1193874126_thumb.jpg

Cheers

PJ Garn

Yeah mate they can jump!!!!! Ive seen mantas the size of a small car jumping metres out of the water on the great barrier reef!!!!! They always look so docile..... its all an act they can fly!

Yep, I've seen a ray jump while swimming in QLD on the sunshine coast. Right out of the water, looked awesome.

It was followed a little while later by a school of small jumping tuna, I got the hell out of the water, as did a lot of other people, in case it was a bitey chasing the fish... :074:

Cheers

MAD LOOKING PHOTO PJ IT REMINDS ME OF LAST XMAS

AT PORT STEVENS WHEN THIS GUY WAS TOWING THIS THING

CALLED A MANTA RAY BEHIND IAN THORPES OLD BOAT, THIS

THING WOULD START FLYING WITH 4-5 PEOPLE ON IT, WHEN

IT FLIPPED OVER SOME OF THE KIDS WOULD BE SMASHING

INTO THE WATER AT HIGH SPEED (SOME SORE KIDS THAT DAY) :wacko:

CHEERS MARTY.

It looks pretty awesome when you actually witness them flying out of the water and you never seem to get bored of seeing it. When I was working up north i remember the first time i seen one. I never knew what was going on and then about a minute later it happened again. pretty crazy stuff. I spent a good couple of years on the water up the top end and you used to see them all the time. Now i live out in the Sticks the only thing i see jumping out of the water is the occasional duck....

BAck to sydney in a month though :1prop::1fishing1:

last year fishing at port stephens i hooked an eagle ray that did exactly that.

it was pretty crazy

jumped about 4ft in the air. and circle around the boat a few times. great fight on 4lb line!

heres a pic of it

post-268-1193976046_thumb.jpg

Col

Edited by djmac

last year fishing at port stephens i hooked an eagle ray that did exactly that.

it was pretty crazy

jumped about 4ft in the air. and circle around the boat a few times. great fight on 4lb line!

heres a pic of it

post-268-1193976046_thumb.jpg

Col

Top pic Col that would have given you a work out on the 4lb!!! I hooked a Mackerel Tuna once on 4lb and 20 minutes later I was one sore boy!!!

Really appreciate all the posting about this subject!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

PJ Garn