Help Please/shimano Reels

arron

G,day all, just wanted to ask a favour, i have a one time offer to purchased a couple of reels from SHIMANO at a discounted price.... i'm not very educated on fishing gear and tackle and would like some guidence on choosing a couple of reels... these reels will be fished with in botany bay and surrounds.....i plan to buy 3 reels, and will buy rods to suit...hope to stay reasonable light for fun.

1) Bottom bashing....(eggbeater)??

2) Live baiting kings..??

3) flicking plastics...???

Any help would be much appreciated,,,,i have done some of my own research within fishraider and elsewhere

but struggle to keep up with it all (sizes,line capacity, wieght etc etc)

thanks again Arron

Not sure what your offer is but make sure it's good by comparing it to the sites sponsors stores.

If it is direct with Shimano you may get extra quality / value if you ask for a outdated model / repacks / deleted line as they would love to get them out of the wharehouse. Won't be the latest colour but may have the same or better internals. Someone on here who knows shimano will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Just check it is not a tease. I've over the years had several offers from companies in various products as warranty replacements and the offer looks good on the surface until you realise the discount is off the RRP wich was already 20% over what the stores were asking before the negtiations begin.

Edited by pelican

Cheers Pelican, i have full intentions of checking out what our sponsers have to offer and comparing prices......i'm only getting the reels and as soon as i get them will be going straight down to see Tony and finding a partner for each of them...and from there :1fishing1: Cheers Arron

hi aron,

i think the tyrnos overhead is good value but if budget can streatch the torsa is better i think and braid line between 20lb to 50lb.. size of reel is depending on line and rod to match...

as for eggbeater... i think the sustain is good value the SA6000FE or SA8000FE

you could also spool up that spheros you have and use that but will dep on line class....

for flicking plastics...mmmm this is something im just getting into and will prob be upgrading soon also..

i cant remember which one tony was showing me yesterday but it was a sweet reel,drop down and ask him which one it was... very nice........ just rem to only take what $ you can afford to lose as its very tempting to leave with lots of goodies and a much lighter wallet :1prop: ....

hope this helps...steve...

almost forgot.... the twin powers..... nice reels and good value middle range reels......

Edited by roosterman

Arron

there is lots to pick as you know but when you say cheap.

where in the range are you looking $$$$

as you could go Stella through all of those areas just in different sizes.

mid to upper range the twin power are good

maybe that in a 2500twin power for flicking plastics small to medium/medlrg

maybe a 4000 stradic mg or even 6000 in the new fI series or even a 6000 twinpower

for bottom bashing also the 2500/4000or6000 twin power could be using for bottom bashing/plastics snapper fishing

the sustain range looks nice and is around this range of reels.

or a 1000 size for plastics they still have around 3-4 kg drag

personally i like the 2500 as i don,t like small reels and i think they are more multi purpose.

the twin power 6000 puts out 33lb drag now that is alot of drag.

for botany this is all i would say

Not sure if you want o/head

i like the torsa as o/h i have my eye on them now but the wife has the eye on me :biggrin2:

i hope some of this info has helped but i don,t know where you are in the range

1) Bottom bashing....(eggbeater)?? depending on depth needed Deep a Stella STL 10000FA Shallow Stella STL4000D they are top line but if you need to drop down a bit Baitrunner BTR 6500B

2) Live baiting kings..?? Torsa TS20

3) flicking plastics...???

Twin Power TP2500FB once again you could step down to the new Stradic st2500fi

all comes down to your needs and your cash flow as even with a great deal on some of these reels you still talking big biccies

You probably can't go past the new Stradic for value for money. Just size them accordingly.

1) Bottom bashing - 4000-6000 FI

2) Live baiting kings - 8000 FI or, most suitable reel would be a 10000-20000 Stella (in case you hook a Hoodlum)

3) flicking plastics... 2500FI

You need to tell us the sort of dogh you are willing to part with. :wacko:

Thanks to all who responded..(roosterman,johnno,basserman,tigershark and ceph)... After doing some more re-search, recieving some advice from you guy's and speaking with "Tony at Fishfinder B and T" these are the reels i have dicided on... All reels were chosen to suit Botany bay

Sustain 2500fe bottom bashing/lures/spinning for flathead, bream, trevally, on 2-4kg rod

Sustain 4000fe medium spin/plastics/bottom, snapper, salmon, small king, school jew, on 6-8 kg rod

Torsa ts20 live baits, light jigging, down rigging,deep bottom bash?

Spheros 12000 Jewies on 10-15kg spin

Can't wait to recieve them load and partner them up and tackle some fish,, cheers Arron