North Of Browns 3/10/017

sanger

Hi guys,

This is just a quick report that actually deserves to be longer however i have to be up in about five hours to go try and chase some kings!!!!! Left roseville at around 630 with sea breeze's promise of the winds to reduce as the day went on! Straight to north head where the slimies have moved in to get some live baits! Today was about the only time ive ever been able to use bait jigs without putting pillie on!!!! Harah :thumbup:. We also used a combination of 10 gram slices after we started picking up to many yakkas! 20 livies on board in record time!

We pinned it out to the wave rider buoy where we we dropped lures, as the lures where going out we got a run but dropped the hookup!!!! Probably only a small dollie but at least it looked like it might be a good day!!!!! over the next few hours we caught about 12 stripped tuna and 1 little albacore( which went great on the barby tonight! After playing with stripies for a while we decided it was time to get serious and put out some bigger skirts!!!!!

About an hour after we dropped out the bigger guys we got a hook up on a yellow fin!!!! A nice fin of about 10ish kilos was boated then we quickly got our lures back in the water and started to troll! 30min past then a doubble hook up on some fin again but unfortunatly 1 missed gaf shot lost the biggest one we had to the boat which was probably half as big again on the first!!!! Oh well thats fishing and with 2 on board we weren't complaining!!!!

Set up and got on the troll again! Then it happened we got a tripple hookup with the long shotgun being smashed first then the 2 outriggers followed in quick Secession. The shot gun lure sped of taking plenty of line but the best part was i saw it hit before the other 2 rods buckled over and it was at least a 20kilo fish! Unfortunately the fish spat the hooks but we still managed to boat the other 2!!!!

Then it was time to head in but we didnt mind as all four onboard had boated a nice fin of around 10 kilos each and had almost lost track of the amount of stripies!!!!!! We did try to stop and cube after one of the hits but the was just to much current so we made the call to keep trolling, This was good news for the slimies who had a round trip out past browns before being released to fight another day!!!!!!

Well this report did end up being kinda long but thats probably cause im still buzzing from my most succesful outing ever!!!!! Hope other people had some luck today to!!!!!

Tight lines

Fishlexic! :1fishing1:

post-4037-1194089362_thumb.jpg

post-4037-1194089397_thumb.jpg

post-4037-1194089425_thumb.jpg

Fishlexic...

sounds like you enjoyed yourselves and had a ball out there today

there is no better sound than the ratchets on your reels going off yes!!!!!!!!!.....it seems like things are starting to fall into place.....

for you with results starting to show..... good onya.....hope tomorrow is just as rewarding and enjoyable for you......

Cheers Warnie.......

Thanks for all the replys guys! It was a top day out there and one that we had been waiting for for a while! Clifford (no regrets) Had been out earlier in the week and got into some albacore but apart from that the last few trips outside we've done have been pretty quiet! We had been looking at the weather all week and it didnt look that good but the closer it got to the day it seemed to calm down a bit so we thought we would give it a shot! Unfortunately today wasnt so crash hot in pittwater for the avergae anglers comp but we did manage one undersize rat king and had another big hit which spat the bait shortly after being hooked but i would guess somewhere in the 5 kilo+ class as in had my 15-24 kilo game rod in a pretty damn big bend! I know its kinda overkill to use that in the harbour/pittwater but at least ill be ready if a hood decides it likes my bait!!!!! :1prop:

Good work boys, would of been a fun day, Geez the water looks much better than i thought it would have been out there yesterday. Cheers Dave

Water actually looks better in the photos than it was, It wasn't terrible but cubing would have been pretty uncomfortable. We hit 20.4 degrees in near the shelf but all the yellowfin were caught north of browns in 19.8 along a current line. We even copped a few blue bottle stings for our trouble!!!! :biggrin2:

Well done Guys great fishing, YFT are going crazy at the moment, A 72kg YFT was also caught on Saturday

Damn that a big fin!!!! Any ideas where that came from? browns the canyons??? We dropped one of the long rigger which im sure was as big as or bigger than the 30kg number i caught on the raider tuna day!

Way to go.

I am jealous there mate.

Happy eating fresh fish. :1prop:

Thanks mate! the fish was beautiful! One side fillet of the fin fed 6 people nicely on saturday night!!!!! Keff gave me half the albacore that he caught as i had never tried it!!!!! I think the chicken of the sea name tag is pretty close to the mark but i'd take albacore over chicken anyday!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Mate if was caught north of browns, here is a pic

Cheers netic! I wonder if it was the bertrum ( or something similar) that was working the same area we were, We only saw 2 other boats all day and one of them worked the same current line as we were......