Where Were The People

Geoff

Caught the last hour or so of the V8's from Barain. The stand opposite the pits had may be a few hundred people other than that nothing.

I think there were more people in pit lane than in the stands. :1yikes:

If people from that part of the world are not interested in car racing , why bother going .

The V8 's may have got a heap of money for their attendence but projects a negative inpact to the fans back home.

Interested in your thoughts , perhaps someone knows the reason for the low attendence

Geoff

they much prefer F1 and Motor GP....the international motor sports...V8 Supercars wont be an international motor sport untill they get international cars racing again...bring back the GTRS to blow the Holdens and fords away

they much prefer F1 and Motor GP....the international motor sports...V8 Supercars wont be an international motor sport untill they get international cars racing again...bring back the GTRS to blow the Holdens and fords away

Here, here.

I miss Godzilla.......actually, i get more kicks from watching the Le Man's series cars than V8 Supataxis.

How sweet did the DBR9 sound on top gear? "Nursing a semi" for a bit of that!!

Edited by Roo

Yea the V8's are a struggling format .. if they dont do something soon i reckon they've got about 5yrs left max.

Holden & Ford will only ever work in Australia ... and how is it that the leading car manufacturer in the country (toyota) cant even enter the series?

Most of the spectators are indoors in the air-cond lounges where the majority of the seating is(remembering the heat) I asked the question last year and was suprised to hear that around 20000 attended. The grandstands are for the real poor people over there and quite frankly there arent a lot of them whom would attend a motor race.

personally I reckon its a soul-less track and does nothing for the sport, sponsors or the true supporters of the formula.

GT