Swells

dom

heading out to browns on saturday just bought a new boat but it is only a 21 footer i am a bit concerned with 1.5 mtr swells could some one please give me some advice will it be very rough and how good do conditions have to be before i head out .

boat is only few months old so is very reliable

thank you

heading out to browns on saturday just bought a new boat but it is only a 21 footer i am a bit concerned with 1.5 mtr swells could some one please give me some advice will it be very rough and how good do conditions have to be before i head out .

boat is only few months old so is very reliable

thank you

Hi dom

Reliable she maybe but the mere fact that you have concern and should ask the question suggests that

a bit more sea time in her is warranted just to better learn and understand the limitations

of the boat how she handles familirise yourself with her fuel range etc......and to gain a bit more confidence in yourself.....

and the limitations of your boat...... being a 21 footer on the latest forecast for sat and sunday's it should not be much of a problem

at least arrange to go out with another boat for company but ultimitely the final decision on the day must be made by the skipper (you)

so if a little bit of apprehension exists maybe stick close for a few trips..just while you get to know each other

a bit better...

Cheers Warnie

G'day Dom,

Nice to hear you've got your new pride and joy. It's a great thing but like anything new, takes time to learn. I just bought my fourth and largest boat, in a bit over 10 years. Each one is different. Handling, performance, fuel capacity/efficiency, etc. changes with each. I bought the new boat with the intention of getting into some light tackle game fishing as well as continuing to chase kings, snapper and the like off the inshore reefs of the south coast. I can't wait to hit the shelf and chase a tuna or two, but won't be going anywhere near it until I've spent quite a few hours in the new girl. Each trip I've had out lately, has been in different conditions and I've learnt something new each time. My confidence in the boat and my own skills increases with every hour on the water. I agree very much with Warnie, if you ain't sure, don't go! Enjoy some time in her, close to home. There's plenty of fish not too far away. I'm not sure about you, but if I'm out in conditions I'm not confident with, I certainly don't enjoy the day. In the end, that's what it's all about. Having a great fun, safe time on the water. Enjoy the new boat mate and I hope you put a few fish scales in her. All the best.....

Dave

Hi dom

Reliable she maybe but the mere fact that you have concern and should ask the question suggests that

a bit more sea time in her is warranted just to better learn and understand the limitations

of the boat how she handles familirise yourself with her fuel range etc......and to gain a bit more confidence in yourself.....

and the limitations of your boat...... being a 21 footer on the latest forecast for sat and sunday's it should not be much of a problem

at least arrange to go out with another boat for company but ultimitely the final decision on the day must be made by the skipper (you)

so if a little bit of apprehension exists maybe stick close for a few trips..just while you get to know each other

a bit better...

Cheers Warnie

thank you very much warnie very much appreciated

dom

G'day Dom,

Nice to hear you've got your new pride and joy. It's a great thing but like anything new, takes time to learn. I just bought my fourth and largest boat, in a bit over 10 years. Each one is different. Handling, performance, fuel capacity/efficiency, etc. changes with each. I bought the new boat with the intention of getting into some light tackle game fishing as well as continuing to chase kings, snapper and the like off the inshore reefs of the south coast. I can't wait to hit the shelf and chase a tuna or two, but won't be going anywhere near it until I've spent quite a few hours in the new girl. Each trip I've had out lately, has been in different conditions and I've learnt something new each time. My confidence in the boat and my own skills increases with every hour on the water. I agree very much with Warnie, if you ain't sure, don't go! Enjoy some time in her, close to home. There's plenty of fish not too far away. I'm not sure about you, but if I'm out in conditions I'm not confident with, I certainly don't enjoy the day. In the end, that's what it's all about. Having a great fun, safe time on the water. Enjoy the new boat mate and I hope you put a few fish scales in her. All the best.....

Dave

thank you dave for time and thoughts on my subject

Hi dom

a bit better...

Cheers Warnie

Warnie, your advise is pure gold :thumbup: . Hope lots of newcomers to the outside scene read and understand it.

Dom, your 21ft boat is more than up to the task however its best to avoid running out to the wide grounds until you are confident.

Cheers

Red