13.11.07 Sydney Harbour Frustration.

shooterglock

Hi

Took the morning of work for a try at some surface action in the harbour. Nice day, no wind and hundreds of working birds, with splashes everywhere!

Of course under the brige and about 400m above and below it, which is in the bloddy new Transit area, so a no go. This was the top of frustration, I drove past schools of big kings, and was not allowed to stop and cast a lure!!! :1badmood:

Thanks to the blind and deaf ferry drivers who got this bit of legislation foisted on us.

:thumbdown:

Was my thought too...... a slow troll wouldn't be against the law would it?

I dont know if it is or not, however, fighting a big king on the move would probably mean a trip to the tackle store for a new spool of braid. :wacko:

Maritime are so gung ho about this area, they will probably find a way to fine you. :(

As far as I am aware , the only limitations are no drifting or anchoring . I went through there today at 15 , and was rounded up by a River Cat doing at least 22 !!

Ross

Hi

The signs unfortunately state no STOPPING or DRIFTING.

I stoped close to the appartments on the pillings, (About 5m out from the building) and got told to move by a guy in a Ports Authority boat. I was nowhere near the channel, but apparently the whole wateray is a no stopping area. Wonder how the guys mooring of Luna Park get away without a fine :1prop:

That must have really put you in a bad mood :mad3: !!! Being able to identify and locate fish is the hardest part but then not being able to fish it just adds salt to the wounds

If its any consolidation mate, yesterday I saw a yak pulled 2 nicee kingys outa waters he shouldnt have been in. And about 3 months back when at work in the weeeeee hours of the morning I saw a school of tailor being absolutely belted by a pack of jews. What can ya do :tease::thumbdown:

Dan

D&G

yeh thats what i hate so much about when governments respond to do something quickly over media hype. Very much like the p-plate restrictions. Its a quick response with no analysing over the new policies.

Anyways since all that is not allowed, wat bout down rigging?? and trolling it along?

If all you people is getting fed up why dont u just land base at the luna park side? i've seen these guys catch heaps of fish there. Sometimes jewies

yeh thats what i hate so much about when governments respond to do something quickly over media hype. Very much like the p-plate restrictions. Its a quick response with no analysing over the new policies.

Anyways since all that is not allowed, wat bout down rigging?? and trolling it along?

If all you people is getting fed up why dont u just land base at the luna park side? i've seen these guys catch heaps of fish there. Sometimes jewies

Mate, you are right about knee jerk reactions. They need to tell the ferry drivers that they are not the next thing to god!!!

Absolute right of way my ass. :thumbdown:

Anyway, it just pissed me off to see all that fish, and because of some jerk political wanker desicion I am not allowed to cast a line.

Somewhat like a new Marine Park .............?

Well. it justmade me :1badmood: .

Won't spoil my general love of :1fishing1: though!!!!

Thight lines to all