Gray's Pt Ramp

Geoff

Launched from Gray's point today. Finishing touches , mainly the concrete walk ramp up to the jetty was poured this morning. Checked it out when we got back , they have done a great job.

Steel fencing should be removed in the next few days & it will be fully operational

Speaking with the contractors aparently the new ramp extends into the river approx 30' beyond the low water mark however the sand has already moved in the cover the bottom part of the ramp. This should not cause any problems as it is unlikely to be very thick

Attached are some pic's.

Admin , I note the boat ramp section is locked. Suggest the origional photo's I posted be removed & the new ones installed , perhaps not all maybe the first two. Will leave it up to you

Tks

Geoff

post-731-1195020067_thumb.jpg

post-731-1195020133_thumb.jpg

post-731-1195020166_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys, i also launched at Grays Point today, had to wait half an hour until the concrete mixer got out of the road, the guys there said the pontoon will be operational on Saturday, i don't know if its the fencing that is still in position, but i seem to think that it's not as wide as it used to be, anyway seabreeze forecasted 0.8 swell but in bate bay it was a lot bigger, unfortunately this was the first time i took my 12 year old offshore, and he was a bit scared, also the fish weren't biting for us, ah well another day perhaps.

Regards Roy

Look great!

Have they added any parking spots?

Unfortunatly not , basically no space left to extend so if planing an outing on the weekend suggest an early start.

Mid week is generally OK.

We arrived around 8.00 & there were plenty of spaces available

Roy Actually the ramp is wider than previous . I think the wire fence is creating an appearence it is narrow. Once the fence is removed it will look a lot different.

We fished Cronulla wide & managed 6 keeper Flaties. Wave chop was up to a one mt but the biggest problem was holding bottom. We had on a heap of lead & still struggled..

Gave it away around midday

Geoff