Fishing Cronulla Wide

winnings1

Hi All

Does anyone know where the best bait grounds are in Port Hacking? Also does anyone have the co-ordinates of the Canyons off Cronulla?

Thanks Guys.

As far as I am aware there is no shuch place as "The Canyons" off Cronulla. The only 2 places out wide is the Plonk hole 34.00.975S 151.26.054E & Browns Mountain 34.02.200S 151.39.500E.

Both are a long way out , P.H. 9nm from Botany Bay & B.M 22nm from Botany Bay.

As for bait fish , Shark Island just off Nth Cronulla can be productive. We were there on Wednesday not a touch. Suspect the water was too clear.

The other spot is just inside the Southern headland of P.H. but it too has it good & bad days

Geoff

• 1 month later...

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the reply. Actually I am just sitting here with someone that knows you. His name is Paint Stripper AKA John? We met out on a charter boat fishing trip on Tuesday. We caught a couple of big Spaniards one of which was over 35 lbs. John will put a photo up as I did not get one. But boy it was very tasty indeed.

Merry Christmas and thank you for the tips on Cronulla!!

Cheers

Maurice Winnings 1

As far as I am aware there is no shuch place as "The Canyons" off Cronulla. The only 2 places out wide is the Plonk hole 34.00.975S 151.26.054E & Browns Mountain 34.02.200S 151.39.500E.

Both are a long way out , P.H. 9nm from Botany Bay & B.M 22nm from Botany Bay.

As for bait fish , Shark Island just off Nth Cronulla can be productive. We were there on Wednesday not a touch. Suspect the water was too clear.

The other spot is just inside the Southern headland of P.H. but it too has it good & bad days

Geoff

Hi there, sorry but no photo yet. Waiting on a kind fella to email me a photo or two. We were fishing up at the Whitsundays, off Whitehaven Beach. Got a number of reef fish, some quite large, but yeah, the Spaniards were the highlight. Man, they taste good.... damn!

I found out what the G in GT stands for. It stands for "Friggin' GIGANTIC"!!!! Man they are huge!!! I still can't get over how big they are. They must have mutated bigtime hahaha. It really is amazing to see them in the flesh. A little Sydney trev will never look the same again...

Great to meet you Maurice - wot a small world it is. Had a great time on Hamilton Island. It went down a treat. Looking forward to the Kingie social Geoff :-)

Cheers,

Jon

hi mate i get my livies when i leave from the hacking from the north east corner of shark island watch out for the swell though it breaks right accross the front in a big swell,and ill get the gps mark for the southern canyons when im in the boat tomorrow

arman

Edited by mr magoo