Fishing Spots In Crookhaven, Or Jb...

michaelrdoyle@gmail.com

Hi All

Heading down to Orient Point on the Crookhaven river on Friday for a day or 2 of fishing.

Normally I head outside, but at the moment outside is looking dodgy (25k SSE wind)...

but I'm desperate - so thinking of hitting up the river, or even JB (enter at Calalla Bay)...

So - does anyone have any hints of where to fish in the Crookhaven, or perhaps in JB in a S wind? (have a 4.8m quintrex bayhunter).

Mike

Hi All

Heading down to Orient Point on the Crookhaven river on Friday for a day or 2 of fishing.

Normally I head outside, but at the moment outside is looking dodgy (25k SSE wind)...

but I'm desperate - so thinking of hitting up the river, or even JB (enter at Calalla Bay)...

So - does anyone have any hints of where to fish in the Crookhaven, or perhaps in JB in a S wind? (have a 4.8m quintrex bayhunter).

Mike

hey mate theres a couple of locals on the site who should be able to help you out but i believe jb would be quite rough in those conditions.

G'day mate,

I would consider a trip to the St Georges Basin if a Southerly gets up,

mainly because if it looks ok early in the Bay, it often turns & has a tendency to howl in no time at all and

in a sub 5m boat you might find things a little uncomfortable.

Where as in the basin you can find shelter from a Sthly and there is more cover

on the Sthn side ( Headlands & Islands ) that is fishable compared to the Bay

as there is a No fishing zone to the west of the Naval Base ( which is on the Sth side of the bay ),

then if you launch at Murray's ( East of the Naval Base) you would probably have to stay so close

to the rock wall it would be easier casting from the stones.

That said, I have recently been Down to the Bay to do some work and found

enough time to get onto the stones and target some nice Callamari, Mullet, Luderick and Flathead .

post-2390-1195541679_thumb.jpg

Hope you have good Weather and a hot bite

Catch Ya

Bigfoot