Lake Parramatta

Osprey Rider

G'day Raiders,

First up, I went down to penrith weir this morning b4 work and I scored 2 bass around 25cm and a baby around 10cm.

Now back to my topic I was wondering if any one has fished Lake Parramatta. The water looks good and I was wondering if it has bass in it as I dont think it goes to brackish water?????

I might head down there next tuesday morning if things don't turn to s##t.

It would be good to catch up with a raider.

Osprey Rider.

Edited by Osprey Rider

HEY Osprey Rider Is the water nice down there. I heard there's a Lithuanian shot putt team coming out for R and R and Lake Parramatta was mentioned I think.

There could well be raiders down there flicking split shots though and of course you'll get the regular islanders throwing coconuts at the carp. :D Not a bad sport though

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

:074:

G'day mate.

Once I was down there I saw a guy who had a couple of rods out. I asked him whats there and he said mainly carp and eels. Can't say if there's any bass but you don't know until you have a go. At least there's a cafe there to get coffees when its quiet.

Good luck and post a report if you catch anything.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

GDay All,

New to this fishing site, and was reading about Parramatta Lake. Was wondering with the talk about it... did anyone takle fishing Parra lake?

I was there with the fam and kids but I did see some one on a rock with a rod out. Seems as though there is a lot of weed growing. Could be a definate breeding ground for carp. I heard on 2KY the other morning about a fishing for carp in Parramatta river, perhaps they should include the lake??

There was also a study done on the lake called Swimin towards 2005.

Cheers

Russ

You will find carp in there, alittle corn on a small luderick hook and your on....as for bass you do catch them there but as one of the other guys have already said there are places that produce better results.

G'day Raiders,

First up, I went down to penrith weir this morning b4 work and I scored 2 bass around 25cm and a baby around 10cm.

Now back to my topic I was wondering if any one has fished Lake Parramatta. The water looks good and I was wondering if it has bass in it as I dont think it goes to brackish water?????

I might head down there next tuesday morning if things don't turn to s##t.

It would be good to catch up with a raider.

Osprey Rider.

Gday mate, Its carp city in Parra river and also Lake Parramatta.

I can join you on Tuesday if you like, let me know!

hahahahaha so it was... I saw Lake Parramatta and got all excited!!

Anyway.. I've had a coupe of unsuccessful attempts at the lake.. The real action is in Toongabbie Creek or in the water behind Parra Leagues club... there are carp in there to rival PJ Garn carp adventures!! You can see them in the water.. in some parts its only half a metre deep

Guys,

I tell you what you might knock a carp on the head at the end of your line but they are a damn fine fighting fish.

I caught a huge carp a couple of years ago down on the Murry on a basic "Rex Hunt" fly rod..... most fun I have had in ages. Stalked the bugger with the polaroids and dropped a small back nymph under its nose. Draged me miles around the joint.... great fun.

Should round up a number of people and do something for the enviroment and a good day out.

Just got to get a pass :wife: