Boat Motor Service

mushtaka

That sounds a little on the high side , but it depends on how much work he does. If he is going to strip down and rebuild the carbs , retune , do water pump impeller and housing , check gearbox oil etc , it could go close to that amount . If only a basic service , ie plugs , change gearbox oil and fit new water pump , I would have thought $400 - $500 tops.

Ross

That sounds a little on the high side , but it depends on how much work he does. If he is going to strip down and rebuild the carbs , retune , do water pump impeller and housing , check gearbox oil etc , it could go close to that amount . If only a basic service , ie plugs , change gearbox oil and fit new water pump , I would have thought $400 - $500 tops.

Ross

Basic service 400-500- hell Time plugs 30min, gearbox oil 20min, water pump 40min that's 1.5 hours .parts $150. 250 to 350 for labour that's over 120 and hour- no way. You must get a happy ending as well

Just joking

Ask for ll the detalis of what he going to do as otherwise it is just guesswork but on the surface that seems expensive. Ask what his labour rate is and what the parts / consumables cost was. What year model Evinrude , 2 stroke carby? and is t a BRP dealer?

Edited by pelican

Basic service 400-500- hell Time plugs 30min, gearbox oil 20min, water pump 40min that's 1.5 hours .parts $150. 250 to 350 for labour that's over 120 and hour- no way. You must get a happy ending as well

Just joking

Ask for ll the detalis of what he going to do as otherwise it is just guesswork but on the surface that seems expensive. Ask what his labour rate is and what the parts / consumables cost was. What year model Evinrude , 2 stroke carby? and is t a BRP dealer?

Thanks guys, i will ask him.... its a 4stroke 2002 model.

i might get a bit more info on what he will do.

thanks

Hi, if it goes acording to plan and no surprises pop up a yearly service on your engine should only run into about $500 with the "Raider" discount. His quote seems a bit high to me and if your engine does not have a problem just the scheduled service than I would ask why so much.

Cheers,

Huey.