Port Stephens/swansea

Rockyjack

Saturday arvo we headed out in port Stephens hoping to head out and get amongst some snapper but when we got to the ramp the bay had waves around about 4 foot high so the idea of snapper was out, change of plans and find a spot out of the wind finally found that and the mate missus started to get sea sick :1badmood: , so after 10 mins fishing it was time to move so trolled a few lures around and picked up 2 small tailor.

Day two started a little better with the girls deciding to go shopping :yahoo: so the mate and I shot down the Swansea channel to find that there was only about a meter of swell so out we went found a nice little spot in the lee of the island there anchored up and set a bait whilst flicking a 4 inch softie around within minutes there was a small tap on the softie a strike and yep on onto the smallest red mowie I ever seen it was a huge 2 inches long. then about 10 minutes later I picked a sergeant baker around about 200mm and Chris was battling something of some size only to find out that it was another sergeant baker only in was 480mm long then five minutes later he's spewing over the side, now if it was my boat I would have made the :ranting2::ranting2: B@#$%ed suffer as the idiot knows he gets sea sick in my boat but he thought he'd be ok in a boat that’s 1m longer So what can I say, back into the river where he came good - drifted around over the flats flicking softie until the small tailor started taking the tails off and it was time to pack up and make the long haul back to port mac.

Two lessons learnt over the weekend

1. Force feed the mates that get seasick travel carm weather they think they need or not.

2.don't fish with people who get seasick and don't take their pills

.....Two lessons learnt over the weekend

1. Force feed the mates that get seasick travel carm weather they think they need or not.

2.don't fish with people who get seasick and don't take their pills.....

Hey - don't complain, Rockyjack - any burley is better than no burley!! That is what I would be doing!! I even got seasick in my kayak recently!

Shame you didn't get into better quality fish than the Seargent Bakers .... some people actually eat them!!

Better luck next time! Any day out on the water is a good one .... the expectation levels are high!

Cheers

Roberta