Beach/rock Rod Reel Combo - Any Suggestions

dsorongan

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new beach/rock rod reel combo. I'd like to start getting a bit more involved in live baiting of the beach and rocks. I already have an old alvey 600 light surf outfit which I use for sambos. looking at spending under $200.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new beach/rock rod reel combo. I'd like to start getting a bit more involved in live baiting of the beach and rocks. I already have an old alvey 600 light surf outfit which I use for sambos. looking at spending under $200.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mate i would look a silstar Rod, maybe a power tip, these rods a great for their price. i would match that up with a okuma reel. i `am very much a shimano person but own a couple of okumas and think for their price they are excellent reel, and they come with a life time warrenty.

i find for this type of fishing it is sometimes best not to take the most expensive gear out with you. when you are rock fishing, equipment take a beating and it is best to keep the good gear good.