Botany Bay

Mugen

Hi guy's went for a fish this morning in Botany it was very quiet and wasnt catching a great deal...I did pull up this ,and if anyone could tell me what it is ,if you can eat it ...? Has a great set of choppers on him...keep fingers away .

So a quiet day on the bay for me ...How did everyone else go..??

post-4116-1195977255_thumb.jpg

G'day mate, it looks like some sort of wrasse? I pulled up something similar as well today and I too found the bay quiet and mind you we fished it hard with quality baits as well! The day wasn't wasted totally when we pulled in a 36cm Bream on 8lb line! :thumbup: Tight Lines Sam

Hi guy's went for a fish this morning in Botany it was very quiet and wasnt catching a great deal...I did pull up this ,and if anyone could tell me what it is ,if you can eat it ...? Has a great set of choppers on him...keep fingers away .

So a quiet day on the bay for me ...How did everyone else go..??

Yeah, I have caught a couple of them before, not a bad fish to fight, Not sure of the name of the fish, but it is very eatable. I usallay only keep em over 35cm. it is some kind of reef fish...

To be precise it's a male Crimson-banded Wrasse.

Yeh it was a bit quiet out on the Bay Today. I freekin got smashed up 3 times on kings! I havnt caught one for a while and wasnt ready for the clamp down style they needed 5metres from structure. They done me over in about 2 seconds. I was daydreaming too much I think hahahaha. Oh well...

thats a parrot fish

upto $30 a kilo in asian restraunts

awesome eating fish

Gday, it looks like a wrasse to me. Although I did catch a few Parrot Fish in October at Pearl Beach that look very similar in shape. Its was light greenish blue with sharp little teeth. They range in colour and size across Australia and are a very nice eating fish. Good to see many species growing in the harbour.

Tan

Edited by tan the fisherman