Reel Maintenance

saltyhook

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Target

Theres not much to the ABU's. If you have a little bit of mechanical know how (and I mean you only need a LITTLE bit) then you can easily do it yourself as Max has said. I pull mine down occasionally and clean/lubricate/check as they are all used in salt water. The trick is take note of the process to take them apart, lay the bits out in order that you removed them and put them back in the reverse order. It helps to have the schematics handy too - ABU schematics are readily available on the web.

If your not confident doing this, and Allen cant help you out, Bob at West Gosford Tackle can get your reels serviced.

Adrian

PS, thanks for the memory jog, I'm due for a service of my reels. Guess I know what I am doing all night :ranting2:

Guest Jocool

Try this link for the 4600C3

This one for the 4600C4

And this one for the 7000C4

They are all listed by year model as well. If you want to browse the entire list, then go HERE, and click on the word schematics which is in blue.

Just as a reference for all other raiders, they list thousands of reels on that site and have the schematics for all of them! :thumbup:

Edited by Jocool

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hottuna

There all not that hard if you take digi pics as you go along. I have been serviceing reels for a while now. Let me know if you need help.

I`m in umina every other week.

Dan