24-11-07 Point Score Day Bbgfc

Polynemus_sheridani

Hi all

Well just s short report because it was a very slow day on Sunday for us.

We dropped some lures in on the shelf line and headed out towards browns and then further east another 10miles to work the area looking for some marlin.

We got to our mark and the seas where just the best we had in months, we trolled around the area for a few hours without seeing much then we started seeing bait on the surface, dolphins and whales also but still no hits on the lures.

We worked the area hard for a few hours then started heading north along a current line working that area without a hit, come 4.00pm we hadnt had a touch, then all of sudden the right rigger gos off and we all look at each trying to work out what it was as it was being dragged with boat and taking a little bit a line, after the skippers young bloke worked on the rod we brought of all things to the side of the boat a large puffer fish :ranting2::074: we don't know if we just hit it as it was sitting on the top of the water or it came up and hit the lure but we had a laugh and reset the lure and on our way.

We headed towards of the other boats from the club who had 8 yft in 1 hour and we also worked the area but nothing, then we headed towards an area that Ross and Glen Hunter where working and we will still didn't get a hit :ranting2: we worked for ages then the tow line on the witchdoctor broke and we had to turn around and go and pick it up again after that we put the lures back in and as we put the close in shot gun lure back in the water it gets hit while still being run back in the water where on :yahoo: after a short fight in come a yft of about 8 or 10kg.

Reset the lures and no more action until we started heading in and right on 5.27pm 3 min before stop fishing the shotgun outrigger get pulled out as a stripped Marlin crawls all over it then drops so we give the reel a few quick turns and back he comes and bang where on :yahoo: the skipper calls on the radio where on and the other guys are clearing the deck as i am hooked up to the marlin and he is just sitting there in the water about 40m out the back of the boat thrashing about with bill out of the water and taking line then after about 3min the hooks pull :ranting2: the crew and myself couldn't believe it.

It was to late to do another troll around so we just headed back in with all of us :( .

Well there is always another chance in 2 weeks time.

Sorry no pictures.

cheers

Craig

Edited by Polynemus_sheridani

badluck guys on the dropped marlin,its pretty heartbreaking trolling all day & losing one so late in the day.

but that's lure fishing for marlin,they throw the hooks so easily, its just unbelievable how easy at times they

shake off a pair of 10 or 12/0 trolling hooks.

maybe next time!

steve

Hopefully it will come together for you next outing graig

in the mean time be comforted with the fact that it was

happening pretty much the same way with some boats from SGFC

the fish jumping on the shotgun and then proceding to windscreen wipe the ocean resulting

in the fish throwing the hooks...

got to love them striped marlin!!!!!

Least you got to see one............better luck next outing....

Cheers Warnie..........

We headed towards of the other boats from the club who had 8 yft in 1 hour

I think that might have been us "NEMO".

Went out as a spare Deckie on Harry's 35 Footer on Sunday With my 8 year old grandson.

After finally finding some Small Yellowfin to put some Tags into, we ended up tagging 11 and then Captain Harry said it was the little fellas turn to catch his First Yellowfin.

In the chair he sits with a great big Grin on his face waiting for the next rod to go off.

After what seemed like an eternity one of the bibless minnows goes off and with a little help from all on board we landed his first Yellowfin. Weighed 8.0KG on the Salter scales back at home so after a few more photo's in the back yard he went to bed a very Happy young Fellow.

Many thanks to Harry for passing up a 1000 points in a tight point score competition to make Kyles day.

Ken

post-473-1196073550_thumb.jpg

post-473-1196073520_thumb.jpg

post-473-1196073592_thumb.jpg

Hi Ken

yep we fish on lockout we where with you guys later in the day you had a great day.

cheers

Craig

I think that might have been us "NEMO".

Went out as a spare Deckie on Harry's 35 Footer on Sunday With my 8 year old grandson.

After finally finding some Small Yellowfin to put some Tags into, we ended up tagging 11 and then Captain Harry said it was the little fellas turn to catch his First Yellowfin.

In the chair he sits with a great big Grin on his face waiting for the next rod to go off.

After what seemed like an eternity one of the bibless minnows goes off and with a little help from all on board we landed his first Yellowfin. Weighed 8.0KG on the Salter scales back at home so after a few more photo's in the back yard he went to bed a very Happy young Fellow.

Many thanks to Harry for passing up a 1000 points in a tight point score competition to make Kyles day.

Ken

post-473-1196073550_thumb.jpg

post-473-1196073520_thumb.jpg

post-473-1196073592_thumb.jpg

hi kenny it was a perfect day hope the little fellow enjoyed the day lets hope we can repeat that kind of fishing on the 9th steve :thumbup:

Craig,

I have caught sauries, a leatherjacket,mullet, slimey mackerel, australian salmon,gannets and toads all by accident (jagged) If you pull those things around often enough it is amazing what happens.

I felt sorry for you blokes but sometimes we all have days like that I had one on Sat. watching Glenn on Billfisher run over them all day.

. I have posted your big tuna on my site Www.gamefishingcharters.com.au...Look in Fiushing Reports.

Roscoe