HEY

WENT OUT FOR A LOOK TWO SEE IF THERE WERE ANY YFT ABOUT

FIRST WE HEADED OUT TO BROWNS MOUNTAIN STAYED THERE 4

ABOUT 2 HOURS WITH NO LUCK. STARTED HEADING SOUTH TO THE

SOUTHERN CANYONS ABOUT 3 MILE AWAY FROME THERE. THE ROD

ON THE LEFT OUTRIGGER WENT OFF. TOOK ABOUT 150M OF LINE .IN

THE END I LANDED A 27KG YFT.

Hi Nick...

well done on your y/fin young one .........nice tucker hey......all your attention will turn to billfish

shortly.... :thumbup: as that warmer water draws nearer...

hope to read some good reports on that side of things soon nick.......

and take a camera for some pic's....want to see

the smile on your dial........ talk to you on the water soon

Cheers Warnie......

Hey Nick get the story right, it was the Right rigger (Starboard) that went off.

I Will post your Photo here just in case everybody missed it when I posted it on Mr Magoo's Last Report.

post-473-1196071272_thumb.jpg

When you Type your next report do it in small letters as it looks like your shouting at everyone.

From your Friendly Traceman

Just about to put a Photo of Kyle's 8.0 KG yellowfin that he got Sunday on the BBGFC post

'Big Ken"

Thanks Big Ken.....

i can see the smile on his dial now..........

yes i missed it on Mr Magoo's report......

you might have to start tying one of his arms up

to quickly teach him the differance between the right & left rigger......lol..

Cheers Warnie......

Gee you guys do it in style on that boat. Anyone else notice the Crown Lagers in the drink holders on the dash. I am guessing the caviar and lobster entree's are probably just out of shot on the serving tray in the Butler's hands. LOL :1prop: On my boat it is Toohey's New and BBQ shapes.

Anyway, well done on the fish.

Nigel

ohh yea they do it in style i heard brutus had a hot lasanga for lunch on sunday,wont fish on my boat as it doesnt have an oven

arman

Well done, that's a nice solid fin - about the same size we got 2 weeks ago - again south of Browns. The Pakula did the trick - I notice you are running the lure single hook rig - no swinger. What's the opinion on the single -v- swinger and hook-up rates. Personally I prefer the swinger (hook that is!!!). I know alot argue the hook-up rates increase with the single especially targeting tuna.

Cheers,

Rabs.

Anyone else notice the Crown Lagers in the drink holders on the dash. I am guessing the caviar and lobster entree's are probably just out of shot on the serving tray

Yes Nick's dad Henry likes a Crownie or 2 when he is on the water (within limits). Lunch on the day was BBQ chicken on a fresh bread rolls with roasted peppers, sun dried tomatoes, eggplant, pickles, and he even takes along the pepper & salt grinders for added taste.

ohh yea they do it in style i heard brutus had a hot lasanga for lunch on sunday,wont fish on my boat as it doesnt have an oven

arman

Sunday on Harrys boat "Nemo" was a bit of a disappointment as the friendly gents from Cummins stuffed up his electrics so as we could not fire up the genset for the microwave so we had to eat cold BBQ chicken Lasagna for lunch.

The Pakula did the trick - I notice you are running the lure single hook rig - no swinger. What's the opinion on the single -v- swinger and hook-up rates. Personally I prefer the swinger (hook that is!!!). I know a lot argue the hook-up rates increase with the single especially targeting tuna.

Cheers,

Rabs.

The Lure in the photo did have a 2 hook shackle rig in it and both hooks were in the Fin's mouth.

I personally run some of my Marlin lures with single hooks set well back as I think it improves there action with a bit less weight in them.

Ken

HEY

WENT OUT FOR A LOOK TWO SEE IF THERE WERE ANY YFT ABOUT

FIRST WE HEADED OUT TO BROWNS MOUNTAIN STAYED THERE 4

ABOUT 2 HOURS WITH NO LUCK. STARTED HEADING SOUTH TO THE

SOUTHERN CANYONS ABOUT 3 MILE AWAY FROME THERE. THE ROD

ON THE LEFT OUTRIGGER WENT OFF. TOOK ABOUT 150M OF LINE .IN

THE END I LANDED A 27KG YFT.

very nice catch mate, you have had more luck than i had of late the only thing i have had of is a mako smashing my witch doctor to pieces :mad3:

hopefully we see some marlin coming in soon so we can get into them