A Tiny Bit Of Minn Kota Help

shan777

Hey guys,

have gone with a powerdrive minn kota 40 lb bow mount for my modified 3.6 tinnie.

Its fresh water but have been told that if i do something to do with anode , that it'll be fine??????????? Maybe someone here would know what i need to do, what that means, and how i'd go about it??????????

Sorry I can't help you about the anode.

I thought you might like to hear that we couldn't be happier with our Minn Kota.

We mounted it the day before we left to spend a week at Glenbawn Dam.

It would have been impossible to fish without it.

We have the foot pedal as well as a remote.

It was a great investment.

Good luck with yours.

Hey guys,

have gone with a powerdrive minn kota 40 lb bow mount for my modified 3.6 tinnie.

Its fresh water but have been told that if i do something to do with anode , that it'll be fine??????????? Maybe someone here would know what i need to do, what that means, and how i'd go about it??????????

Yeh matey. You can fit an anode on the propeller that comes standard on the saltwater model. It supposedly will give you a bit more protection from corosion. Order it from where they sell Minn Kota.

Personally, I dont think it will make much difference if anything at all. I didnt have one on mine for ages and there was no corosion. I fitted one now and the anode hasnt eroded at all for years. I wouldnt be concerened to use it without one.

well thank you very much, you've just made it harder to wait for my bloody kota to come. I was TRYING to calm myself down, then you came along and made a comment like that...................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................

.................. :074::074::074: !!!!!!! Just kidding- that's great to hear and glad its going well for you. CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!