Sydney Harbour Kings

netic

Hey guys,

Well went out for a fish today, the first decent chance i have had for a while and after last Saturdays Southerlies making my reg grounds unfishable that day i wanted to get out and give the harbour main a good go.

Two mates went out yesterday and told me they got onto heaps of kings so a call was made to Steve to see if he wanted to go out, he said yes and we were set.....

We hit the water about 4.00am and started for squid, by 6.00am we had an assortment of 8 Arrow and 6 Calamari Squid,....

Off to the kingy grounds we went......

got my new riggers down and within minutes we are on and a 66cm king is boated, then another 2 minutes later.....Steve puts them both on ice and then we start having fun

Over the next 2 hours we boated over 15 kings ranging from 65cm to 78cm, mind you these are extremely Fat kings for there size and fought very well, We also got busted off 4 times by much much bigger fish, each bust off was on the Stella 20000 and the fish could not be stopped......Steve nearly fell in on the last fish as his drag was locked to about 15kg and the kingy was still pulling drag....

Unfortunately the bad side to today was some tackle damage, I need a new Bail arm for my STella 20000 as it was damage during one of the bust offs and i also snapped the handle of my squidding outfit when i landed on it after being busted off and falling down on it...

We saw 20.5 Degree water throughout the harbour today and the kings are definately here to play....

We callred it quits at about 10.30am when i ran out of Sliding Snell rigs due to the bust offs...

All fish bar the first 2 were tagged and released........

post-1441-1196301984_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1196302048_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1196302088_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1196302127_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1196302166_thumb.jpg

great day out once again mate.. :thumbup:

im still shaking my head at the 2 GOOD bust offs i had, the thought of being pinned to the side of the boat rod tip in the water holding on for all its worth, not being able to move an inch then PING !!!

:ranting2::ranting2: the sheer hard running power these fish have is truely amazing !!! i guess thats what keeps up coming back for MORE !!!!!!!!!

DICKO,

in reply to your question mate,

the kings are in both middle harbour and around the markers, just sound them out and locate them and HANG ON !!!!

lol

steve

Well done fellas,

it was good to talk to you guys at the traffic lights this morn, while

u were on your way to the ramp, and I was on my way to work :thumbdown:

I so badly wanted to forget about everything and join u, :(

Oh well, congrats once again on your fine catch :thumbup:

penguin

Edited by penguin

Just couldn't resist could you netic?

When Kelvin put up his big kingy/jewie post I thought "Excellent - now netic will be inspired to post about his recent kingy adventures". And we all know that your adventures in this regard are worth a read!

Good to see you haven't lost your touch - sounds like you brained em as always.

Great report.

Nice one Oz :)

They are solid looking fish :thumbup:

Does the electric rigger make a big difference?

Did you get the bait tank in?

Robbie.

Hey Robbie, yep mate the new tank is all in and all the mods are compl;ete to the boat, The riggers make fishing a touch easier, especially when moving locations and needing to get the riggers up and down.

nice fish mate!! are you finding there are more in middle harbour or around the harbour markers at the moment?

Mate from what i know both are holding alot of fish, I know Rzee and Kelvin have had some monsters in MH, We caught a few good sizes in MH a month or so back.....but i personally prefer the harbour......i have heard reports of all the markers firing at different times.......Surpriseingly all the fish today were caught close to low tide....

Well done fellas,

it was good to talk to you guys at the traffic lights this morn, while

u were on your way to the ramp, and I was on my way to work

I so badly wanted to forget about everything and join u,

Oh well, congrats once again on your fine catch

mate shame you couldn get down to join us

Top session guys :thumbup: Shame about the tackle damage.

Might have to venture into the harbour for a sticky beak one of these days.

Cheers

Red

Mate your been cleaning up in Botany, i wish i knew enough about there to fish it regurly