Fishing Tragedy Article Sunday Tele 15 Aug

wombat

Wife just put this in front of my nose and told me to read it. Anyone read the article on pp19 of the Sunday Telegraph today? About 4 chaps who started out from Church Point in a 7.5 metre petrol driven launch for a days fishing. One poor chap (51 yrs old) apparently didn''t make it after a cardiac arrest. The other three were found unconscious by the Broken Bay water police after a sculler reported them drifting off Longnose Point. (after thinking that they were under the influence)

Something to keep in mind. :(

Wombat

Guest Jocool

It was exhaust fumes Ken. They were drawing parrallels to the USA were plenty of people have died that way apparently. Sad news!

I don''t know the full story Adam but in this case I presume the 2 guys who were out to it did recover.

The fumes will kill you though & it wasn''t all that long ago (few years) 3 guys died after leaving Akuna Bay in a boat powered by an inboard petrol motor. It was cold & raining & they dropped the side covers & that cause the exhaust to get sucked in the back. They were found up near Flint when the boat was spotted going around in circles.

Never been a fan of inboard petrol engines myself.

it was an old chugger. I was a bit surprised the fumes got them but they must have had the door closed. Carbon Monoxide will do that, its a bit like drinking sambucca, it just creeps up the marrow of your backbone and ''bam''. Its good night to the people. Poor bloke, at least he would have just gone to sleep and coughed a little. The ocean can be cruel to those that love it.

harold

confused a bit fellas, exaust fumes killed em or not them out temporarily

Swoffa,

Yes unfortunately CO doesn''t smell and is invisible. It killed one poor chap and knocked the other three out. Presumably the three recovered after the Police found them. :(

Wombat