Running Lures Around A Teaser

As a beginer in gamefishing...i thought i might throw up a series of questions that i do not know and that many other raiders that are looking to get into gamefishing could learn from

I have just set myself up with a williamson bird teaser with a daisy chain of 5 squids behind it spaced about 35cm apart

I have been told to set your teaser about 15foot behind your boat....how could i effectivly run my lures around the teaser?

I will be running my teaser from the port short corner position.

cheers james

you only need to run one lure closest to your teaser that will b enough. if you are more interested on running lures i would invest in a witchdoctor as these teasers dive and you dont get any tangles when you run lures where as daisy chains are more suited for switchbaiting. if i was you and i was using a daisy chain i would switchbait instead of running lures. i would invest in another daisy chain so you run 2, one at each corner and when you see a marlin come up behind the teaser pitch him back a livey.

i hope this helps

....how could i effectivly run my lures around the teaser?

cheers james

James..

i am sure there are heaps on here who can give good advice and other ideas.... take what boutime said for example... at the end of the day in most respects with these types of things

its not the case of doing it the right or wrong way.......... if i come across for example with a differant slant on the way

you percieve it to be done .....more so because it often can be quite differant from boat to boat...what can work

and were it works for me might not turn out to be as sucsseful for you....not with standing the basic concept of course... time on

the water experimenting and trying first hand in getting to know what works is invaluable...

take the well known saying for example "Run the lumo on the long rigger and leave it there"

for me that is so true....in regards to your teaser question for me the uppermost and number one teaser

is the boat!!!! hence my answer to your question would be to make sure that the spread you chose to run

around it is set correctly in the right position,fine tuned to run enticingly with tried and proven colour pattern's

the one above as i mentioned for example when first starting out and finding your way......

Some thing i do as im sure others do also is when i approuch a fad i get on top of it and delibretly hit reverse with both motors

and turn the water into a boiling froth.....then throw a hand full of pillies in the stirred up mess

along with a bait and the dollies rush in for the kill all fired up and unperterbed....that would have to be considered a form

of teasing by the boat and motor's...would it not....

any way as allways if any thing is unclear feel free to ask as like you....... we are all eager to learn.......

Cheers Warnie...

Quote UNGRIE WARNIE.

.... delibretly hit reverse with both motors

and turn the water into a boiling froth.....then throw a hand full of pillies in the stirred up mess

along with a bait and the dollies rush in for the kill all fired up and unperterbed........

..........................................................................................................................................

Hi James.

Steve I like the sound of beating the water into a foaming white froth :thumbup: . Might pay James to flatten his boat in reverse while dropping pilchards pieces and stir up a helluva mess for starters all around the moored boats in Pittwater before hitting the fad.

Regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

James....

Its quite apperant by most that the witchdoctor is a highly favoured teaser..

and with good cause it work's....when chasing tuna our favoured quantas coloured bibless is placed 4 mtrs behind the doctor for consistent result.......and marlin are not shy of the doctor also..

However i would like to offer a word of caution and advice in regards to the witchdocter if useing a heavy tow line then make the last 2 mtrs of

the tow line out of say300 lb mono....last season gone i lost 3 to sharks (yes sharks like them also)

primarily cause it was mono.....but a while back i had a nasty experiance when running one on heavy cable

a mako we estimated around the 350kg mark grabbed it and became entangled in the cable it tried to jump

out the water as they are known to do in responce to the resistence but was held in the process and half

landed on the walk out on the boat and the cable in the ensuing mess totally tore out all the electrical connections....

to the starboard motor while in the meantime the shark literally went beserk right at the back of the boat before

the cable snapped sounding like a 303 had been shot off....... in short a terrifing experiance i will never forget in a hurry

hence the word of caution as i shudder to think off the conseqences it could of been for a small trailer boat...

my full admiration goes out to those who fish for them for fun.......some thing for you to think about....

Cheers Warnie....

• 4 weeks later...

James....

the cable snapped sounding like a 303 had been shot off....... in short a terrifing experiance i will never forget in a hurry

hence the word of caution as i shudder to think off the conseqences it could of been for a small trailer boat...

my full admiration goes out to those who fish for them for fun.......some thing for you to think about....

Cheers Warnie....

hi Warnie

As i report said up in coffs we came across a shark eaten teaser, we got off lightly but ill be setting it up with mono for the future.

• 8 months later...
Guest Big-Banana

James....

Its quite apperant by most that the witchdoctor is a highly favoured teaser..

and with good cause it work's....when chasing tuna our favoured quantas coloured bibless is placed 4 mtrs behind the doctor for consistent result.......and marlin are not shy of the doctor also..

However i would like to offer a word of caution and advice in regards to the witchdocter if useing a heavy tow line then make the last 2 mtrs of

the tow line out of say300 lb mono....last season gone i lost 3 to sharks (yes sharks like them also)

primarily cause it was mono.....but a while back i had a nasty experiance when running one on heavy cable

a mako we estimated around the 350kg mark grabbed it and became entangled in the cable it tried to jump

out the water as they are known to do in responce to the resistence but was held in the process and half

landed on the walk out on the boat and the cable in the ensuing mess totally tore out all the electrical connections....

to the starboard motor while in the meantime the shark literally went beserk right at the back of the boat before

Cheers Warnie....

SH*T!!!

I've never had an issue, but that kinda makes me want to swap them all for mono.