Any Updates Bermagui River/lake Wallaga

ianoc69

Looking at a trip to Bermagui for a few days this Christmas.

Any locals or recent visits to the system would be appreciated.

We generally fish either Bermagui River or lake Wallaga.

Prefer SP's but do fish Live Nippers when in the mates tinnie.

Looking at a trip to Bermagui for a few days this Christmas.

Any locals or recent visits to the system would be appreciated.

We generally fish either Bermagui River or lake Wallaga.

Prefer SP's but do fish Live Nippers when in the mates tinnie.

Ian I fish this area each Easter so now 8 months since my last visit. My experience in the Bermi river over the years has not been productive so no longer bother.

Off the break wall is worth a try , droped a huge Flathead last year when the line got caught in the rocks.

If fishing the river side of the breakwall , best about 30 / 45min each side of the low / high tide.

There is a large water tower just on the south side of town. Land base rock fishing is reasonably accessable from this area

A little further south there is Cuttagee Beach. Access is very easy walk from the main road. Fish late in the arvo on a rising tide

There is no bar at Bermi so OK to head outside on a reasonable day in a small tinnie.

Wallaga. Only fished it once. Sad result , unlikely to go back. I think it fishes better if the entrance has a good flow of water passing through.

Half hour drive south along the coast road brings you to Tathra. The Bega river empties in at the Northern end of the beach. If you want to fish a river by boat this is a much better option than Bermi.

Check the Boat Ramp section in "Boating" to see the ramps at Bermi & Tathra.

Geoff