Today At Gunamatta Baths

landbased

Hey all,

I went out at about 6am today with a work mate to see if he can get his first ever fish :)

Went to kurnell flats early to see if there were any whiting but alas there were none :(

Then decided to take him to old faithful Gunamatta baths. Caught 2 sand whiting at abouit 25 cms and 21 cms, threw them back while my work mate complained that he will never catch a fish lol.

Then started hooking up those pesky small snapper max size about 24cms. then all of a sudden oliver (workmate) catches his first ever fish a huge snapper of 18cms :)

went quiet for a while and I feel a small hit at my 2kg outfit so I pull it in and it feels strange then all of a suden I feel big headshakes and it goes for a run taking about 20m line which I get back really easy, I start pulling in more line and I see a shape in the murky water which I call to look like a shovelnose. I pull it up a bit more then it goes for another small run so I tighten up a bit coz the drag is only at about .5kg

get the fish to about 1.5 m from the surface and see that its not a shark but a HUGE flatty est 1m+

It looks at my ugly mug turns its tail, one sweep and bam she's off :(

Would have liked a pic with her but she was going to go back anyway.

After that the tide changed and went quiet except for a couple small bream biggest going to 24cms (1more cm and he would have been lunch damn it :D)

All in all good day. Flatty was on prawn shelled whiting on sandworms and rest on chicken with soy and cheese.

Edited by landbased

Landbased another good day for you on the Hacking

seems like the Flatties are coming on big :yahoo:

Sorry that you dropped the big one :05: but it shows

the PPP works again

(PPP = Penguin Peeled Prawn the well known curse of all

fish from Flatties to Kings) :074:

BTW how long did you marinate the chicken in Soy and

Cheese and did you BBQ the leftovers :1prop:

Chris