Thai Bbq Flattie Fillets...

Tony Soprano

Gday Raiders...

This recipe is something I threw together last night and it turned out pretty well...

Obviously all ingredients can be adjusted to suit your preferred taste..

I started with 12 decent size flattie fillets, scaled but still with skin on, and rib bones still in place because I was too lazy to remove them... :tease:

I then opened a beer.

To make the marinade, grab a decent size bowl and mix together the following-

4 tablespoons of soy sauce

2 teaspoons of sesame oil

2 cloves of garlic, crushed/ finely chopped

4 baby red chillies finely chopped

Half a teaspoon of ginger ( I used the minced stuff in a jar)

Finely chopped coriander (again to taste, my family and I love this stuff so I put in a fair bit)

Cracked pepper

Mix that lot up and throw in the flattie fillets making sure they're all well coated then cover and put in the fridge for half an hour or so while you fire up the BBQ...

This is generally a good time to open another beer.

When the BBQ is nice and hot, give it a good spray with olive oil and it's time to go...

I put the fillets straight on the grill, skin side down, for about 10-12 minutes with the hood on the BBQ closed...

After a couple of minutes slide a flat spatula type device under each fillet to make sure it isn't sticking...

When they've turned a nice solid white colour on the top they're done...

Remove and serve immediately, if you've got any leftover marinade you can pour that over the fillets before serving...

We had this with chips and bok choy and they went down a treat, with another beer or two of course... :beersmile:

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Tony Soprano

• 2 weeks later...

Gday Raiders...

This recipe is something I threw together last night and it turned out pretty well...

I then opened a beer.

Cracked pepper

This is generally a good time to open another beer.

We had this with chips and bok choy and they went down a treat, with another beer or two of course... :beersmile:

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony !! I translater your recipe in finnish language :Funny-Post::beersmile:

No really! We have similar lookslike fish here, name is Made, latin Lota lota http://images.google.fi/images?svnum=10&am...amp;q=lota+lota , Have to try your recipe if i get some.