Fiji Fishing Options

andrew399

hey guys - im heading over to fiji in january for 2 weeks and just wondering if any1 has done much fishing over there before and could recomend some charters? Would like to do some light game fishing as well as target some gt's etc. Also would it be worth while taking a rod and some metals and plastics to do some fishing off the shore?

thanks!

Edited by dicko

I agree with Daniel,

pay the money and go with someone good. I took the family over to plantation island and used the resort "game" fishing charter. We rocked up on the morning, beautiful calm day, and I asked the guide what the plan for the day was. He said we wont catch any fish because it was too calm. $90 and 6 hours later we hadnt had a hit - so he was right. He didnt try real hard either. I was going nuts.

Good luck,

Poacher

Hey Dicko

When will you be there?

I will be there from 19 Jan to 3 Feb.

I want some big Dollies like last time (15kg :biggrin2: )

Cheers

Wigg

just missed each other mate! im there from 7th-17th of jan... who did you go out with last time to get the dollies? any recomendations?

im only 21 so i get free family holidays still luckily, so i am spending about half the time on the mainland (dont know wat its called) and staying in the shangra-la (thanks mum and dad!!) and then im off to an island called malolo for the rest of the time... im planning on doing a bit of flats fishing myself as i here there is some al right sized trevs on them... really looking forward to the break though!