Port Hacking

seagull64

:thumbdown::thumbdown: well what can i say ? im almost embarrassed to be putting ths into writing but anyways, here goes. hit the water at yowie bay about 11 am this morning and headed down towards lilly pilly, drifting the flats for firstly a puffer fish, then a numb fish, im regreting telling my son about it coz he just didnt want to touch it, finally a 26 cm flounder, which i felt sorry for so went back in, and trying to get out of the wind all day was horrible :( . pumped some nippers opposite dolans bay for a solitary small pinky.. finally the action hotted up with a stick, shortly followed by a tin.. i dont know what the edibility of either would have been but if anyone could possibly tell me how to cook wood and rust, would be greatly appreciated.

this would have to be only the second time in my life that ive left the hacking without a feed... :05:

we used fresh prawns, squid, pillies, nippers and whitebait.

we did see what i presume was a school of tailor feeding rather feverishly on the surface untill some numbskull decided to drive straighthough them :ranting2: then they were gorrrrn

:beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

the dismal end

cheers

one hungry seagull and 3 squids !

Me and the father in law were out on the hacking all day on Wednesday aswell, all we managed was a shovelnose shark.We used pilchard, squid, prawn, beachworm, and live nippers as bait but with very little luck.

Nik

finally the action hotted up with a stick, shortly followed by a tin.. i dont know what the edibility of either would have been but if anyone could possibly tell me how to cook wood and rust, would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand Port Hacking tins add much needed iron to your diet.

The bream are coming out to play when the sun goes down at the moment. Maybe the waterway is just too crazy at the moment in the day time.

Dave