Port Hacking

cpanag

Hey all, was thinking of heading out to Maianbar tomorrow morning to fish the flats. Does anyone know how that area is currently fishing?

I'm looking to target the flatties with soft plastics and to also pump a few nippers to target the whiting as the tide rises over the flats.

Hey all, was thinking of heading out to Maianbar tomorrow morning to fish the flats. Does anyone know how that area is currently fishing?

I'm looking to target the flatties with soft plastics and to also pump a few nippers to target the whiting as the tide rises over the flats.

I have had no luck what so ever, i have got one and dropped a couple of flatties over the last 3 sessions, im finding it really hard to find them and im noticing that the bait schools are leaving even the tailor aren't ripping into my SP's!

im heading out there today...the hacking is always a struggle for me in the fishing stakes...

Good stuff, the Port Hacking can be a struggle but if you study it, there are fish to be caught, Read the paper today and they reckon that there are 20kg+ jews being pulled out of there.

I did go out today and I had mixed results. Spent the first 2 hours after daybreak trying to catch myself a flattie on SP's without any luck. The puffer fish were ripping apart every SP I put in the water!!

I gave up on the flatties and pumped some nippers and fished the flats for about 3 hours or so until high tide. Got 3 good whiting all well over legal size (with one real big one) and plenty more that were borderline legal which went back in. Not too bad a result in the end although I would have liked a couple more fish. Taking into account that it was a Sunday and the Port was choc-full of boats, waverunners etc I was happy enough with the catch.