New Pb

Kiwi Dan

Gday all,

Thought id post a quick report from Fridays session.

Finished work and Steve and I fancied our chances at an arvo king. Got to Tunks around 7ish loaded up with fresh squid caught previously and motored into MH with lines in the water by 720pm. After about 20 minutes Steve goes to check his line and feels a bit of weight on the end of his 80lb mono. I call it for a snag but it starts coming in very slowly. After a few more meters line back we called it for a mooring chain but then he got even more line back. With his rod buckled over but not pulling we had no idea what it was, then we saw a big blue flash and looked at each other and said "what the F@#$ is that" after more winding and as it became clearer we discoverd this monster,

post-4176-1199075863_thumb.jpg

After a coule minute fight we finally had Steves first fold out chair on board. It went about 110cm from the top of the back rest to the bottom of the leg. A new PB for Steve and a first onboard my boat. I dont want to give out exactly where I was becasue where thinking of heading back this week to see if we can bring in the picnic table to go with it.

A couple boats went past and pissed themselves once they saw us get it in.

Cheers

Kiwi Dan

Ps: On a serious note, what kind of knob would chuck it in the water. Take your rubbish with you!!

Mate..that's a classic! The old Foldolus Furniturias

It could have been worse if there was still a big fat butt attached to it I suppose. :074:

I agree...why the hell would't the idiot take it home with them or dispose of it

thoughtfully. There's some fair dinkum dills out there.

Better luck next outing...

Cheers,

Pete.

Kiwi Dan,

What bait were you using & did you need to burley ?

My mum said that she would like one of those park bench's for the Garden, and I figure that if the chairs are now moving into the harbour, it wont be long before the big ones start comming in.

Thats if the pro's dont get them 1st !

There is a lot of rubbish down there.

Nearby to where that pic was taken i pulled up a large section of a commercial fishing net.

I have also pulled up other anchors and cable.

On the other hand i have pulled some jew out of there as well.

Cheers

If you were around Balls Head it would have been mine tho closer to the shore. It blew in while I was tackling a monster bream from off the rocks. I spent 20 minutes to "catch" it but to no avail... wrong bait maybe?? :1prop:

Edited by yakfishing