New Years Day On Sydney Harbour

Ole boy

Hey All

Been a while and thought we were over-due for a report.

At 9pm last night Greg took the boat and PO for sum bait. Never occured to Greg they are easily spooked :074:. Especially on New Years eve with all the boat traffic . After 6 hours of squidding he had just over 10 which was when I joined up with him.

By sunup we had approx 15 odd squid so time to prospecting likely spots in main harbour for a 2008 kingy to start the year for both of us. Upon reaching our first location we were greeted by another raider already hooked up on 6LB with a 60ft cruiser roaring up his ass. He can fish thiiissss story ;)

We proceeded to immediately drop away! For over an hour nutting. Bugger this took off for another spot. Arriving there there were HUGGGGGEEEEE bait schools sounding but no predators, thought wtf might as well try!

Didnt take long before Gregs tyrnos snarled but it took Greg tooooooo long to get to it,,,,, PINGGGG :mad3:

It was like this for a hour or so, the bait schools flowed throu along with the kingys,, We ended up with four rats to 64cm, which we released and called it a day. Ohh and we missed at least this many strikes again.

Hope its like this sunday!! :biggrin2:

To those wondering why this report is under our Dads tag is due to the fact Im at there place and cant remember my bloody password for our account

D&G

PS Highlight of the day was watching sum drunken tool slip from the spit bridge into the drink. The police were not impressed, after trying to talk him down for alomst 20mins :074: ...

Edited by Dan & Greg Senior.

You guy's :1prop:

Nice move by Greg on the water to catch the early fireworks

but it would have been exciting in the tinnie :1prop:

I can picture you pair out adding to the secret spot list

while the masses fight to go home after the fireworks :074:

Good to see you still managed squid despite all the traffic :thumbup:

you sure put the hours in for them :1yikes:

Looking forward to Sunday also :biggrin2:

Chris

Not a bad little kingy session,a bit of fun for you guy's on the harbour considering all the chaos with

the boat traffic,too crazy out there for me this time of year especially on new year's eve.

Well done to you guy's being brave enough to get out there!

Hi all,

After tossing up where to launch the yak with NYE and all, I settled for the relative saftey of the open harbour (well there is a wide expanse of water there for boats to ply)? Squidding was quiet with one cuttlefish and a few baby yakka's in the bucket. I headed out for a fish trolling a gulp on the 6lb and skipping a stickbait behind the yak. About 100mtrs fro my first fish stop I had a few hits on the stickbait that did not connect so I kept paddling, I pulled up in the area of my first fish and started winding the stick bait in to have it followed up by some kings, just as I was lifting it out from the water a great surface stike was had and the king sounded, a short while later king #1 was in the boat. The gulp that was still out went off so I had a fish in the boat to measure and unhook plus the 6lb going nuts. Started working the 6lb while a cruiser headed on the harbour was traking striaght towards me about 200mtrs away, as I fought the king the cruiser kept its course directly on top of me, I kept watching it intently. At 50 mtrs to impact I pu the 6lb into a rod holder and started to raise the paddle and was just about to start urgent evasive action (I was not real sure what) when he alterered course and passed a few meters to the left of me spraying water in the yak from the bow and the still breaking bow wave, while altering course he did not change speed and passed between D&G and me.

A few very choise words came from my mouth, (maybe I could bring a sligshot and hit the windscreen with lead sinkers to get attention?) then it was back to the job of landing the king, however it busted me off shortly after.

The cuttle lived a very short life but no hook-up. First yakka dissapeared never to be seen again, then a drop into a bait ball provided another hook-up and another king. Then it quietened down and I went home.

Dan you Greg and Southerly deserve a medal for the keenest fishermen awards;

hitting it on NYE with all the maniacs out there. :1prop:

Just goes to prove that the fish aren't put off with the boat traffic.

Well done on your hookup's and bring on the kingie social. :thumbup:

cheer's Rod.

you guys are just damn lucky to be out there at the moment!!

My motor died on the 21st of december as you know

just as i started my 2 week break ...............

the new tohatsu 70 hp will be here on the 21st of jan!!

so the big can of kingfish whoopass will be opened

hopefully on australia day ...untill then im a landlubber!!

well done again guys!

Jase

ps limp wrists will never open mens toilet doors :1prop::1prop::1prop:

you guys are just damn lucky to be out there at the moment!!

My motor died on the 21st of december as you know

just as i started my 2 week break ...............

the new tohatsu 70 hp will be here on the 21st of jan!!

so the big can of kingfish whoopass will be opened

hopefully on australia day ...untill then im a landlubber!!

well done again guys!

Jase

ps limp wrists will never open mens toilet doors :1prop::1prop::1prop:

:Funny-Post:

Arrghhhh me mateys!!!!!

Hurry up and get that damn motor mate,,,, Im missing the "Borat" impersonations at 3am in the morning :1prop::biggrin2:

Dan