They're Back

Narralakes

well after a few lean sessions down my local fishing hole, I was itching to get a few fish. Cruised into one of the creeks in the tinny and caught my one and only fish there on a deer hair popper on a #10. Cast into the snag (see photo - snag is in the background) and a silver flash and swirl and a nice fight followed, how much fun is fly fishing with poppers for bream! Anyhow, an hour up the creek and only one other strike and that was it. Back into the bigger water and how many boats on the water and people fishing from the banks today, stacks! Well, managed to find a spot where I saw some surface action, threw out some burley and anchored up. The next two hours were heaps of fun, best fishing I've had for several months in the lake with the fly rod. Not big, but on the fly, any fish is a good fish, 6 bream from 20 - 25cms and 7 mullet from 20cms to 35 and heaps of strikes and excitement.

cheers

Narra

Well done Ken sounds like you had a top session mate. Scoring Bream on surface lures is great fun :biggrin2: Anything on surface lures if fun really. Just heading around to go popping trevors myself :thumbup:

Guest bluecod
I might be heading down with Bluecod Thursday arvo if you want to join us for a dusk session.  Let me know.

25446[/snapback]

Narra,

Well done re this post :thumbup: - why do the fish come on when I'm not around?

Only got two lice spots from the channel which are easily lived with.

I'm in for Thursday- channel, Robertson or the point?? What time?

Edited by bluecod

Guest bluecod

No worries there Narra,

Catchin little ones or not at all, is not the reason I fish. Relaxation is the key and I couldn't be happier learning a new form of fishing particularly in good company and in pleasant surroundings. Having a good tussle with a fish is just a bonus especially when you've made part of the gear yourself.

Guest bluecod

Ken,

It happened last night on Ebay - the type of secondhand canoe I was after came up with a buy it now price that I found irresistable :thumbup: - I'm leaving shortly to go and pick it up from the Nth Shore - I'll post a pic of the canoe and the rest of the "fleet" when I get it home.

How are you going for tomorrow?

Edited by bluecod

Guest bluecod
Hey guys - guess who got a fly outfit for xmas - and one of those poofy vests.  Just need to dye the vest maroon & I will be right to go.

25728[/snapback]

Pedro,

Narra, myself and DaveL are trying to organise a fly/SP session down at the Lake tomorrow evening. If you're interested send me a PM for breaking details - I can give you a lift from WPH if you like.

I don't have any maroon dye but I'm sure I could arrange for it to be done in BLUE :1prop::1tongue:

Very nice canoe there George, I saw it in the members boat section with the rest of your fleet as well. As for tomorrow, I'm going for sure, but I am taking the kids swimming at Ryde Pool most of the day, but should be back by around 5 or so. I will try and get there soon afterwards, I'll call you or you can call me close to cast off time, we can confirm with Dave them. Looking forward to catchin up with you Pedro for a fish, had any action with that flyfishing gear yet?

cheers

Hi Peter,

after all the hype with Joe's memorable catch today, all other things pale into insignificance...except fly fishing that is. I have a great book on intro to flyfishing, Peter Mores's book, Saltwater Flyfishing Fundamentals is a great starter, its got everything you want to know about SWF, as for the fresh stuff, Rob Sloane's Fly Fishing Fundamentals is also a very good book, both should be available in most tackle stores. Went down to Narrabeen Lakes this afternoon and met up with Bluecod and DaveL. Had a fun session with the fly, George and I caught over 30 fish between us, mainly bream and mullet with a blackfish thrown in. Let us know when you have time and we can meet you down there for a session if you like.