We Still Fished The Kingy Social

kiwi waynie

Hi Raiders,

Sea Rabbit and my self still went for a fish on Sydney harbour today regardless of the social being cancelled.

The weather conditions were not as bad as expected, but you've still gotta respect the admins decision givin the forcast 2 days before the event (i'm happy they thought my safety was more important than the social and all the effort people had put into it). But on the king fish front, none to be found any where. We tried all the markers east of the bridge trolling squid, trolled to middle head were conditions were a bit messy, scooted up just past the spit bridge and anchored up for the tide change, went further up river and trolled back where i picked up a unmarked mooring line, then back out to north head for a troll in pretty ordinary conditions and finally back to drift the squid around the markers again. No kings to be found, just a 41cm flatty which swallowed a 10/0 hook.

So i say you didn't miss anything.

There were a few boats out there and i didn't see any body do any good, so if any body got one let us know.

I say it was a shut down or do we just suck at kingy fishin.

Lata Raida's

Waynie

Hi Wayne,

I picked up one undersized king in the main harbour and saw a couple more, all undersized. Water was warm, just needed that wind in a more friendly direction. I would say it will be a good week for those who can get out.

David

Hey David, were you guys fishing just off clifton gardens near the big buoy, with a red balloon on one line? We saw one person pull in a king there. Looked & sounded like a good fight. We saw another caught but i cant recall if that was at the same place. We hooked into a swam of flathead hahahaha.

Hi Mate,

My self and Huntman fished this morning.

We had a good day. Squid were non existant, but we managed to convert three Yakkas into kings with a few more pinched :thumbup:

"Huntman" out did me two to one so he was the winner of our little social :beersmile:

Tuesday onwards looks pretty good weather and tide wise.

David,

We registered the water at 21.9 in spots in the main harbour, were you getting about the same?

Cheers.

Robbie.

fisherwomen and I fished as well today no squid plenty of yakkas.Fisherwomen caught 4 nice bream friend that came with her caught one flathead, I caught nothing :05: .The boat with the red balloon was friend of mine his son caught a kingy at 75cm.Was a quiet day harbour was quite lumpy,but still busy.

fisherwomen and I fished as well today no squid plenty of yakkas.Fisherwomen caught 4 nice bream friend that came with her caught one flathead, I caught nothing :05: .The boat with the red balloon was friend of mine his son caught a kingy at 75cm.Was a quiet day harbour was quite lumpy,but still busy.

Saw that king landed... looked like great fun and a nice fish.

Cheers

Thanks for the post mortem, i guess if the live bait tank was workin we may have tried to use yakkas as well as the frozen squid we had. Thanks for the heads up on what it took to get a king on the day lesson learned. We could see fish on the sounder take a look n turn away, knew they were there but fussy. Must have waved to many fellow raiders but not known you guys were raiders by the sounds of it. We were in a quintrex 475 centre console. Would be nice to get to meet more raiders but whats the bet the resceduled social will be when we are at sw rocks. Once again thanks for the replys, i guess we should have given yakkas a go. Thats what makes this a great site.

Lata Raidas.

Waynie