Will The Bragging Ever Cease?

Red

G'Day Raiders,

Took GOOB and his brother Uncle Johnno out on the Bay for an early morning trip to get some squid and possibly a feed of fish.Uncle Johnno has some very peculiar fishing ideas, such as he only wants to catch 1 fish as long is its decent. Johnno's been begging me to take him fishing for a while, to prove to him that you can catch fish on plastics. He only ever comes fishing once or twice a year max, but this will probably be the last time as his bragging has yet to cease.

You see Raiders, the lucky buggers 1 fish just happened to be a trophy Flathead of 98cm. Johnno has decided to keep it and get a mate of his to mould it for him. Goob and i tried to talk him into releasing it but won that argument according to his one fish rule. Johnno is so proud of himself, I now have a signed pic of the thing in my garage that he has bolted to the wall so I can't get it down.

Lets not forget the constant SMS messages GOOB and I get REMINDING us who is the real "Crocodile Hunter" and "The Lizard King". We are happy for Johnno but when will it stop?

I have attached a pic of the Flattie so you can get an idea of why he is a proud fisherman. Hope the guy does a good job with the mould.

Cheers

Red

post-799-1199614823_thumb.jpg

hahha! their no good at that size and should be released since most biggies are females

we got a nice specimen around 1.2metre (i sh*t you not) around the spit the other week

so yeh theres plenty of biggies out there

In defence of my brother Uncle Johnno, he doesn't fish a lot during the year, nowhere near as much as the rest of us and when he does he only ever keeps 1 fish for the table.

How many of us can say we only ever take just 1 legal fish and pack up for the day?

In defence of my brother Uncle Johnno, he doesn't fish a lot during the year, nowhere near as much as the rest of us and when he does he only ever keeps 1 fish for the table.

How many of us can say we only ever take just 1 legal fish and pack up for the day?

No defence needed.

Why is that big flatties always start the should have released it debate.Im not a moderator but think some people need to reread the site rules.

15. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports

This is the only fault, on what is a perfect fishing site.

That is one terriffic flatty :thumbup:

I think Uncle Johnno will be bragging for a long time,I would :tease:

Stephen.

:1fishing1:

by the looks of that fish

i would say in human years its had a great life

it seen and met its sole mate im sure you's are a great couple :1yikes::biggrin2::thumbup::yahoo::beersmile:

:Funny-Post: Great fish by the way and it will take pride of place in your Den, Uncle Johnno :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Screaming Lines, good spotting mate. I will say g'day to Gabriel for you. BTW, did you happen to weigh your 96cm whopper by any chance?

Raiders, thanks for your replies. Uncle Johnno's trophy fish was quite a suprise. It took a 100mm Squidgie Slick rig and put up a good show. We thought it was a school jew at first as it took off on a good solid run with jew-like headshakes. This was Uncle Johnno's first fish on plastic but its all down hill from here old pal :1prop: .

Here's hoping the mould turns out stunning and may it keep Uncle Johnno's ego inflated for many years to come :074: Sounds like there are some awesome flatties starting to get around which is great to see :thumbup: .

Cheers

Red

hi Red

No didn't weigh it, took a few photos with the mobile and off she went, Ever since I purchased a digital scale for the boat and go figure haven't seen another since..... I'm hoping it's still around the same area so one day she might just say hello again....

tight lines

hi Red

No didn't weigh it, took a few photos with the mobile and off she went,

Screamnlines,

Since I know you come from a good Italian background, I hope you didn't tell your parents or inlaws that you let fish go? :ranting2: They'd probably disown you. :yahoo:

Cheers,

Gabriel

G'day Red,

This is my first post after enjoying the site for many months. To be honest I have been waiting for the right opportunity to make my illustrious foray into posting for fishraider. But that fish and subsequent posts requires me to break my chastity!

Wow!!! Sure we can all sit back and think it would be better off released, but I am sure there are many of us out there who would do the same thing...mount the little lizard in the den. By God that thing defies nature! I am surprised the two of you didn't release it before the boat for fear of being eaten alive.

Well done!

As for me, I head out as much as possible with my mate Dave on S.S. Kaiser. Generally hit Long Reef and always come back happy...but nothing like that lizard.

The question I really want answered is "what did SHE taste like?"

Tight lines brothers and sisters!

Hi Gab

You doing the swimming lesson this year. ??? And yes they did know I let it go, I had a blinder of a session that day boating around 8 flatties and 6 nice bream including my second PB bream at 40cm.

TALK ABOUT A SMALL WORLD !!!

Son's going for one on one lessons with an instructor, wife thinks I am not tough enough on the kid, he should be swimming marathons or something. :wife:

That session was a quiet on when John got the flattie. We got a few squid earlier in the morning, but that was the only fish for the day that John got. He is getting a bit more excited though, even thinking of investing in some of his own tackle.

Say Hi to your Familia for me.

Gabe