Squid And Braid

slinkymalinky

Interested in opinions from any gun squidders out there. I switched to light braid on my squid outfit a while ago and I'm convinced I lose more squid now... probably because the lack of stretch means that there is more likelyhood of just enough slack forming for the barbless jig to fall out.

What do you reckon???

I like fishing with braid because of the feel and casting distance while still having enough breaking strain to mostly get jigs back that get hug up on weed.

I'm going to try fishing more often with a couple of metres of bungy leader (I won't name the brand as I don't think they're a site sponsor) but I've got an experimental spool of line that is really stretchy so should cushion the pulsing 'fight'.

Otherwise it might be back to mono.

Cheers, Slinky

Maybe your on to something there or maybe I am just a bad squidder (likely :1prop: ) as I have converted to a light spin outfit loaded with 6lb braid and lost a lot more than on the mono. I am running a couple of metres of mono leader on the braid. I'd be interested in what some of the other squidders thoughts are as I don't really consider myself a "gun" squidder.

Trent