Narra Lake

mrmoshe

Got my new Stradic 2500 from Nexus (thanks Steve) and thought...better give it a run

in the lake.

Went for a quick wade out near the caravan park using SPs and encountered bazillions of bloody toads that

wreaked havoc on my lures...Geez I hate those buggers.

Every cast, the SP was demolished in seconds by the blighters :1badmood:

Found one stretch of deeper water where they weren't as bad and a little bream of 27cm nailed a 4" minnow in pumpkinseed...didn't he go!! Unhooked him and let him swim off. No pic as I was up to my gonads in water and my camera aint waterproof like me. :074:

No flatties today but plenty of nice sized whiting in the shallows again.

Tried emulating a popper with and SP bloodworm and got a couple of hits, but failed to hookup.

Must get some little poppers to try as they were definitely interested in the movement.

Love the new reel :thumbup: They are like a Swiss watch those things.

Had to be home, so gave it away after about an hour.

Water was very clear today on the outgoing tide. May have better luck next visit.

Cheers,

Pete.

Well done Pete - was that your first bream on sp??? They do go, eh? Glad the reel is everything you expected & more!! I definitely recommend a waterproof camera ..... after my little dunking incident last year!! I forgot to mention I dunked one in NZ when I was wading a river when trouting once, too! Unlike this one, it didn't survive!

Cheerio

Roberta

Yes Roberta..first bream on placcies and you are right..they go like steamtrains...even little buggers like that.

Must invest in a waterproof camera soon as my SLR is too big anyways.

Cheers,

Pete.

Got my new Stradic 2500 from Nexus (thanks Steve) and thought...better give it a run

in the lake.

Went for a quick wade out near the caravan park using SPs and encountered bazillions of bloody toads that

wreaked havoc on my lures...Geez I hate those buggers.

Every cast, the SP was demolished in seconds by the blighters :1badmood:

Found one stretch of deeper water where they weren't as bad and a little bream of 27cm nailed a 4" minnow in pumpkinseed...didn't he go!! Unhooked him and let him swim off. No pic as I was up to my gonads in water and my camera aint waterproof like me. :074:

No flatties today but plenty of nice sized whiting in the shallows again.

Tried emulating a popper with and SP bloodworm and got a couple of hits, but failed to hookup.

Must get some little poppers to try as they were definitely interested in the movement.

Love the new reel :thumbup: They are like a Swiss watch those things.

Had to be home, so gave it away after about an hour.

Water was very clear today on the outgoing tide. May have better luck next visit.

Cheers,

Pete.

Good stuff, the stradics are great especially the white ones, shame i would of bought it if i didn't get my 1000!

Good work on the bream mate.

Those stradic reals are awsome...drag is so smooth, My mate has one of the 1000 models, spooled with 2 pound line which he uses for bream and whiting. Wouldnt want to get a big bi-catch..

I just got a Symetre 4000 for bigger lures to target big flatties and possible JEWs.. Absolutely love it.

Hope you get many more fish on it.

Cheers