Slimey Mackarel

smokinjoe

Slimies hey who would think they tasted so good lol, tried a whole heap of them yesteday, four different ways, firstly just simply under the griller result not bad . Secondly coated in brown sugar and salted then onto the smoker with a blackbut mix first lot done a little longer than second lot, the lighter smoking was the go although the longer smoke wasnt to bad either. The other two were done to a turkish recipe and they were awesome will get the recipe off the neighbour. Now i have never eaten it before and i was wondering why these old italian and greek blokes were taking them home by the bucket load when they were on, now i know LOL.

• 2 months later...

Slimies hey who would think they tasted so good lol, tried a whole heap of them yesteday, four different ways, firstly just simply under the griller result not bad . Secondly coated in brown sugar and salted then onto the smoker with a blackbut mix first lot done a little longer than second lot, the lighter smoking was the go although the longer smoke wasnt to bad either. The other two were done to a turkish recipe and they were awesome will get the recipe off the neighbour. Now i have never eaten it before and i was wondering why these old italian and greek blokes were taking them home by the bucket load when they were on, now i know LOL.

being of italian background i know what u mean,my grandfather would only eat slimmies and yellow tail.the yakkas dusted in flour and shallow fried for about 3mins each side and the slimmies done the same served with some lemon.didnt take to the slimmies that much but the yakkas are absolutley beutifull

bon appatite