Dora Creek

nargse1

hi all i was just wondering if anyones heard of dora creek? where is it?

my :wife: got a uncle and aunty who just moved there on the water with there own jetty and boat. we've been invited there and was wondering about the place.?fish would i catch?water, ocean?river?type of tackle etc etc

any advice or knowledge would be appreciated

cheers damien

my :wife: got a uncle and aunty who just moved there on the water with there own jetty and boat. we've been invited there and was wondering about the place.?fish would i catch?water, ocean?river?type of tackle etc etc

cheers damien

G'day Damien,

Just did a Whereis search and it's south of Newcastle...Got plenty of

water near it, so presumably fishing as well.

Never fished that area, so no help there I'm afraid. I bet there's a Raider from up that way can

help further.

Here's the Whereis map:

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-1200174304_thumb.gif

Dora Ck is in the southern side of Lake Macquarie and winds through the towns of dora Ck and Cooranbong. Known for Flathead it its entrance and also EP and Bass up towards the Cooranbong End. 8 knot speed limit the whole way. It is situated close to The eraring power station inlets and outlets which are know to produce all types of bizzare fish. There is a ramp at the end of Dora St with parking for about 15 cars and trailers.

Geoff

cheers damien

My parents lived there for about 10 years and dad used to get some big flatties drifting around the lake and in the creek. Also in the nearby mangrove shallows. Around the corner is the hot water from the power station which has been known to produce monster tailer and big blackfish as well as a lot of good bream. There is a closed season in the hot water though so check up on it.

The whole lake system up there is closed to pro fishing now and should fish pretty well for you if you put the time into it.

Dora Ck is in the southern side of Lake Macquarie and winds through the towns of dora Ck and Cooranbong. Known for Flathead it its entrance and also EP and Bass up towards the Cooranbong End. 8 knot speed limit the whole way. It is situated close to The eraring power station inlets and outlets which are know to produce all types of bizzare fish. There is a ramp at the end of Dora St with parking for about 15 cars and trailers.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

The speed limit for Dora Creek is only 4 knots, it is a no wash zone.

cheers

Diane

Hi Damien,

Grab the offer with both hands, I reckon you'll have a ball. In the cooler months, the Tailor in Myuna bay are certainly worth chasing. It's Jew, Flatties and Bream in the lake at the moment. You can get out to sea via the Swansea bar but it's a reasonable run from Dora to the bar.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Hi Damien,

Grab the offer with both hands, I reckon you'll have a ball. In the cooler months, the Tailor in Myuna bay are certainly worth chasing. It's Jew, Flatties and Bream in the lake at the moment. You can get out to sea via the Swansea bar but it's a reasonable run from Dora to the bar.

Cheers,

Anthony.

well dora creek that brings back good memorys,turn right just before bridge,travel about 2km till you can see the creek on your left and the lake on your right,STOP;you just found the inlet to the power station.try to park as offroad as possible,walk in to your right about 20m you will find an inlet with grates fully handrailed with floating bouys from one side to uther,this is bream mecca,THIS IS VERY FAST RUNNING WATER,IT GOES UNDER THE GRATES THEN UNDER THE CREEK TO THE POWER STATION YOU FALL IN AND GO UNDER THE GRATES YOUR DEAD.having said this it is fully hand railed and mesh fenced.THIS AREA IS UNDER 24 HOUR TV SERVALANCE FROM THE POWER STATION SO STAY ON THE PROPER SIDE OFF THE FENCE.IF YOU DO'NT THERE ON YOU IN A FLASH.i only fish this place at night with nippers,light line,live bait,light lead.long cast slow reteve,just enugh to take up the slak and bang thumper blue nose at your feet

good luck brickman