Nice Snapper In Middle Harbour

plankton

Caught a nice Snapper in Middle Harbour from a wharf!

A good fight on light tackle before a silver flash seen, and gone... Line caught on an encrusted pylon underneath. Wasn't sure if to try pulling it free or wait for an unlikely chance for the fish to swim clear... Having fed the rod under the wharf, surprisingly the spool starts singing again. Drag pressure increased it's brought to the surface - a 45cm Red weighing almost 2kg, landed on the beach.

Plankton!

post-3217-1200689416_thumb.jpg

Edited by plankton

NICE WORK!!!

I have fish the MH a few times when kings were not around and have managed 4-5 snapper to 35cm. Its amazing what can happen when the trawlers leave and it is evident that some big reds are calling SH their home.

Put it in fish of the month, I am sure I'll put a vote for it :thumbup:

A good fight on light tackle before a silver flash seen, and gone... Line caught on an encrusted pylon underneath. Wasn't sure if to try pulling it free or wait for an unlikely chance for the fish to swim clear... Having fed the rod under the wharf, surprisingly the spool starts singing again. Drag pressure increased it's brought to the surface - a 45cm Red weighing almost 2kg, landed on the beach.

Plankton!

Very nice effort there. :thumbup:

I dropped a very similar model right at my feet about 2 weks ago, so I'm very jealous! :mad3:

Plankton!

Top fish Plankton. what bait were you using?