King Fish At North Head

bolan

My darling daughter, it would have only been illegal to tie up to the spit bridge and fish there if Roosterman had of read that sign properly.And besides, they do bend the rules when it is raining-I am sure. Therefore, stay on the right side of the law(that would be me) and you may continue to recieve mobile phone fringe benefits............otherwise, start collecting firewood to send smoke signals to your boyfriends instead :mad3:

P.S Mummy said you were washing your shirt................. dont bother, we will frame it! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Stumpy(Dad)

FABULOUS NEWS JESS!!! Well done to all :1clap: Now with regards to framing that shirt wouldn't it look great with a bit of scrapbooking to embellish it - surely Mum could help you there :insane: I can see it now along with a copy of your Fishraider report and photos. That way you can continue to remind anyone who steps into your house of your great success ... I know that's what I do!

:smoke: Stumpy as per usual a classic report with great photos to tell the story. This king fishing technique sounds easy .... smoke / wee - just reel your line in for a hook up, then ride the storm and finish up with some war paint from your victim. Why didn't I think of that?

It's nice that you share such a wonderful hobby with your daughter whilst living on the edge of the law.

Happy Fishing.

Marg

Edited by MGibbo

Hey Marg havent seen you on fishraider for a while

And yes that sounds like a great idea scrapbooking the day was certainly a yes for me i have already thought about exactly what u said as they say great minds think alike :1prop:

Have to have a fish with you and mum soon,

Jess

Hey Marg havent seen you on fishraider for a while

And yes that sounds like a great idea scrapbooking the day was certainly a yes for me i have already thought about exactly what u said as they say great minds think alike :1prop:

Have to have a fish with you and mum soon,

Jess

:1fishing1: No worries Jess - maybe we could get your siblings and my mob to catch the train/bus down to Brooklyn one afternoon after school - then drop the uninterested party off at a beach while we fish. No doubt your Mum and I will spend the day down there anyway.

Just yell if you need help setting up that "Classic Catch" masterpiece. I suggest you go real big on the frame (ie. Homebiz). :wub:

Cheers Marg

Hi Stumpy, Jess & Roosterman!

What a terrific outing! Wish I had been there - I am still awaiting my first kingie!!! Got busted off by a monster in NZ once over 10 years ago :mad3: ..... but that doesn't count!

Love the "proudly smeared the blood across her shirt and down the centre of her forehead" idea - I reckon that'll go down in Fishraider history as the way to be 'blooded' after your first Kingie! Hmmmm, frame it, or hang it out the back as burley??

Well done on all the fishos - how often is it that everyone hooks a kingie on the one outing? Terrific! :yahoo::thumbup:

Cheerio

Roberta

Next time we are in Sydney, I'll have to talk Sails into heading to the Spit for some fishing .... :1prop:

:1fishing1: No worries Jess - maybe we could get your siblings and my mob to catch the train/bus down to Brooklyn one afternoon after school - then drop the uninterested party off at a beach while we fish. No doubt your Mum and I will spend the day down there anyway.

Just yell if you need help setting up that "Classic Catch" masterpiece. I suggest you go real big on the frame (ie. Homebiz). :wub:

Cheers Marg

Sounds like a plan and with the after school fishing idea that sounds like a real yes for me!

Talk to u soon and thanks for the ideas

Jess

Edited by Jess

Good work steve, stumpy and jess. You can see our boat I think in the corner of the picture of jess after her ritual (hmm dunno how you fell for that one jess). Seemed like you guys had a good day, first kingy is an amazing thing, i bet you were stoked all day after that. I was the guy SMSing back and forth with Steve.

Edited by huntman

Good work steve, stumpy and jess. You can see our boat I think in the corner of the picture of jess after her ritual (hmm dunno how you fell for that one jess). Seemed like you guys had a good day, first kingy is an amazing thing, i bet you were stoked all day after that. I was the guy SMSing back and forth with Steve.

I dont think i had much choice whether i wanted to or not have the ritual but anyway it was funny.

Anyway how did u go in the end ???

Jess

hehe well thats ok you may have started a trend... glad I've already caught my first kingy though :P uh yeah we did pretty good. Robbie is in the middle of writing up a report so I wont steal his thunder. You guys have a sweet boat by the way stumpy & co. Travelling in style!

Great session

Jess the Stumpette kicks butt :thumbup: again :biggrin2:

big congratulations on the first King and legal too

Nice to see you boys managed to hook up too :074::074:

Steve only a few more trips and Muz will see the light and

realise the Mighty Roosters will be there this year in September :yahoo:

BTW get well soon Mrs Stumpy I'm sure McGibbo can arrange

some recovery time activities

Just imagine it the Febuary flotilla Day Release and Fanta Pants

can't wait for that Stumpy and the Stumpettes with Boofhead and

McGoose with a featured appearance by Flightmanager and Paris

on the Etec Express

Chris

Edited by Chris 55

Thanks Rooster for all the advice and tips on squiding and being a great help and dad if u didnt put the gimble on me i think i would have gone in for a swim!

One quick thing Dad if u let me fish under the split... what else can i get away with that is illegal ???? :1prop:

Jess

thats ok jess..from squid Queen to kingy Queen in less than 24hrs........ im glad you got that gimbal on though... it was like it was all planned eh :1prop: ......

i had a great time aboard the good ship day release and its sure one sweet ride.... made short work of that swell earlier at sth head, what a great decision we made to try nth head,was sooooo much calmer......

as for the illegal stuff..... well we were showing you what not to do in regards to tying off on pylons and climbing up and fishing from em. :1prop: ... and that police buoy was legit anyway as they are for temporary mooring for up to 24hrs by anyone and are in most bays... easier than using anchor on big boats and i dont think we could get into spot "x"with your boat as its too big... either that or im just greedy and dont want to share spot "x" :tease:

as for the shirt,i think that should become your lucky fishing shirt if you dont frame it :biggrin2: ... well done once again....... and hope mrs stumpy is feeling better.......

hi andrew, was great to see everyone getting stuck into em eh,even though alot of throwbacks there was still good ones amongst em... as for not texting vince... well guess who though someone was out there around 6am :1prop: .. sorry mate hope i didnt wake you........... the yakka plan was on the money by you guys as the squid was no where near as popular...

humsey the jew (pretty sure) i lost around mooring smacked a fresh butterflied taylor 5 min after it hit water around 4am... got half chomped bait back with big mouth bite.......

squid missing with taylor around was what i was thinking also.... i wouldt like to put my finger in water the way they were smashing the water everywhere.......

as for stumpy converting to league it will take a better man than me to achieve that miracle :1prop: ......

cheers... steve.....