Pittwater Cobia

eddie82

Jerusalem Bay! Gee that would have come as a shock no doubt - bit of a change from the whiting and reddies etc!!!

yeh,it was a shock,i thought it was another damn juvee hammerhead until i got it to the boat.i remember thinking f***K! it's a bloody cobia!!![my first and so far only one].

Hi guys,

Yesterday I wandered down to Clifton for an after work fish & found conditions only so so with dirty water & pertty strong winds. Not much was getting caught except for a few lizards including a good 70cm + version. Around 6:30 a rod goes off that was baited with a live yakka. A very inexperienced guy picks it up only to have the thing almost pulled from his hands. After shortish 5 minute tussle some colour showed. We were all calling it for a jew but there is was on top of the water...... a cobia of around 1 metre. A combination of inexperienced fisho & inept gaff work by some "helper" saw the line broken with a tired fish ready for the picking. So yes there are cobia around. And my personal effort for the session.... 1 yakka

Paul