Information On Sydneys Northern Beaches

johnsparky77

Hey All Fishraiders, :biggrin2:

Was looking for some information regarding sydneys northern beaches, from Palm to Manly beaches.

:1fishing1:

Going for a fish this sunday morning and thought we'd try the beach with one on my workmates, :beersmile: as I personally have not fished up this way some info would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for a beach thats firing up at the moment for either salmon, tailor, bream or whiting.

As this will be like a one off I'd like to make the most of it, I would like to know which beach be best minus the surfies and bathers and which end of the beach is best, best baits?. Also what car parking is available

Thanks all, appreciate as much info as possible.

sparky77

Hi mate,

From my experience, the Narra / Collaroy beach stretch is a great place to start, but there is a lot of weed on the Collaroy side at the moment. There are great gutters at Narra at the moment, but personally speaking the fishing has been very quiet. I have been chasing Salmon / Tailor on pillie gangs. I have seen quite a few reports recently mentioning good whiting coming of this stretch too.

As mentioned in another post, Curl Curl is a great spot too and I've scored my best ever salmon (to 3kg) session on this beach.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Spizza :thumbup:

G'day Sparky,

The northern beaches (or what we like to call God's Country :1welcomeani: ) is a big stretch of coast and it can be damn hard to find the right spot unless you are in the know. By this I mean you fish them more than once a week and drive by a couple of the beaches every day. Not trying to dissuade you!

North Curl Curl had some good gutters the other day, but my best mate fished the hour before high for zilch which is a little strange. Curly normally holds something. Could still be worthwhile...but make sure you have live worms - squirt are the best (believe me you will notice the difference especially if you are targetting whiting)

There have been plenty of reports of whiting being caught in the lake, and also either side of the entrance.

You could just spin yourselves up and down the beach with hards or SP. Always plenty of fun and make it easy to find active gutters. Try Narra or Long Reef (Long Reef is good - not as many surfers etc / Narra can be a little crazy on the weekend with surfers, tourists, locals and the parkys).

Good luck and let us know how you went!

Tight Lines :beersmile:

Hey Sparky,

Another spot worth trying is off the rocks at the Northern end of Whale Beach.

If you follow the road down to Whale Beach and head past the entrance to the beach, continue straight along and follow the road around the headland (about 50m after hooking a sharp left) you'll find a small bush path in between homes which will take you to the edge of the cliff.

It's slightly hairy decent but not too bad and you once down there it's a beautiful platform for spinning metal slices, floating out a ganed pilly or even lobbing a prawn into the wash.

I've caught many a drummer down there predominantly but also some big salmon, tailor and kingies.

Good luck,

a friend of mine hooked what is believed to have been a decent jewie off palmy with a live yakka but his knot failed and the fish was never seen.

Gee that's interesting Adrian never seen ay.... why didn't you pm me I might have been able to come up and fish Palm Beach and hook up the rest of the failed knot for him :074:

Cheers Mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

By the way Sparky77. Peter Luderick59 has caught some big jew there and he did say recently that Nth Narrabeen Beach was working well at the moment.

No doubt that's got to be the best spot in the area. Be nice to catch two or three around 50lb ay.

Edited by jewgaffer