Out From Roseville Fri 25th

saltrix

Launched at Roseville about 5.30 am , tried at the spit for squid for 0, picked up a dozen small size yellowtail at Balmoral and down rigged around North Head for 1/2 hour without any takers.

Although it was a bit like a washing machine outside we headed for DY wide and spent an hour there without losing a bait, at a spot that has been firing well for me for the past few years.

Then headed to Long Reef and tried all the usual grounds for just one good flathead and a sweep. Although it was choppy the drift was only 1kn so I dont know where the fish were. Strange the current seemed faster in the close grounds than out deeper and made burlying up and fishing light difficult.

It was pretty sloshy and hard to move around the boat so we gave up the idea of downrigging in close and beat a retreat back to the harbour, where we downrigged the last of the live yellowtail for one 60cm king which we attempted to photograph before returning, but the camera would not turn on (later found I had not put the battery back after recharging).

Not a good day for us but I am pleased some fishraiders did OK.

I think I will stick to the harbour next time in such sloppy conditions.