Botany Bay/georges River

kb2007

Hi all this is my first post on the site after 12 months of readiing post's,can anyone please help me with a few spots for a bit of a night fish for sunday night.Iwill be launching at Oatley ramp around 6pm.i don't expect anyone to give up their secret spots just the general area would be fine.thanks in advance hope to post my first report on monday if i do ok. cheers karl

Hi all this is my first post on the site after 12 months of readiing post's,can anyone please help me with a few spots for a bit of a night fish for sunday night.Iwill be launching at Oatley ramp around 6pm.i don't expect anyone to give up their secret spots just the general area would be fine.thanks in advance hope to post my first report on monday if i do ok. cheers karl

Hi kb2007 Welcome to Fishraider :1welcomeani:

Sparky77 has given you some sound advice.

If you want you can motor up to Tom Ugly's Bridge, anchoring directly under that bridge. The benefit is you can fish in two eddies at once, casting directly at the up current pylon and the down current pylon opposite that one on the other bridge section........ If you chose that option, you could put the boat in at the boat ramp right alongside Tom ugly's Bridge on the Sylvania side and motor straight ahead about 200 yards to the centre of the old and newer tom Ugly's Bridge/s, counting exactly four pylons across from the Sylvania side. You'll be in a drop off to the deep water in the centre where you anchor. Also you will be out of the thoroughfare of night traffic, being in line with the pylon on each side of you.

If you're launching at Oatley I have a better alternative. Why don't you have a look before dark at the exposed sand flats in relation to the channels on low tide around the pylons on the Oatley side of Como Bridge.

This area is one I would chose mysef if I was fishing the Georges on Sunday night and wanted a good feed of bream with a better percentage chance of a jew or two on live bait given a few other factors. You should be able to jig up plenty of live bait around the pylons around sunset or you could use fish fillets. In that area fish baits work better than anything else.

Chicken and parmesan cheese works very well up there on bream partcularly with smidgeons of chicken gut entrails hanging down off of it.

You could anchor in the shallow parts and fish back towards the sand flats until dark using livies/fish baits for flathead and you could even try a minnow on another rod.

When it gets dark you could fish towards the edges of the channel near the pylons. The same type of drop offs as mentioned above are around the perimeters of the Como pylons. I would stay in the one spot for the full run in and a couple hours of the run out and when everything quietens down around the top of the tide, keep your eyes on your (four) rod tips.

Hope this helps and as my own Dad used to say "the grass is not always greener on the other side"

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi kb2007 Welcome to Fishraider :1welcomeani:

Sparky77 has given you some sound advice.

If you want you can motor up to Tom Ugly's Bridge, anchoring directly under that bridge. The benefit is you can fish in two eddies at once, casting directly at the up current pylon and the down current pylon opposite that one on the other bridge section........ If you chose that option, you could put the boat in at the boat ramp right alongside Tom ugly's Bridge on the Sylvania side and motor straight ahead about 200 yards to the centre of the old and newer tom Ugly's Bridge/s, counting exactly four pylons across from the Sylvania side. You'll be in a drop off to the deep water in the centre where you anchor. Also you will be out of the thoroughfare of night traffic, being in line with the pylon on each side of you.

If you're launching at Oatley I have a better alternative. Why don't you have a look before dark at the exposed sand flats in relation to the channels on low tide around the pylons on the Oatley side of Como Bridge.

This area is one I would chose mysef if I was fishing the Georges on Sunday night and wanted a good feed of bream with a better percentage chance of a jew or two on live bait given a few other factors. You should be able to jig up plenty of live bait around the pylons around sunset or you could use fish fillets. In that area fish baits work better than anything else.

Chicken and parmesan cheese works very well up there on bream partcularly with smidgeons of chicken gut entrails hanging down off of it.

You could anchor in the shallow parts and fish back towards the sand flats until dark using livies/fish baits for flathead and you could even try a minnow on another rod.

When it gets dark you could fish towards the edges of the channel near the pylons. The same type of drop offs as mentioned above are around the perimeters of the Como pylons. I would stay in the one spot for the full run in and a couple hours of the run out and when everything quietens down around the top of the tide, keep your eyes on your (four) rod tips.

Hope this helps and as my own Dad used to say "the grass is not always greener on the other side"

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

thanks very much for the sound advice guys,that type of feedback is why fishraider is so popular! hopefully i will do alright tonight and can post my first report tomorrow.

cheers karl